08 wrx CEL - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-24-2009, 04:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

On_3_Go is an unknown
08 wrx CEL

Whelp long story short, I was headin down the highway and wanted to let the car air out alittle in 5th. Alittle into 5th the car jerked and the Cel came on, code P0244 wastegate solenoid A range/performance plus Cyl 1 misfire. Im currently runnin XPT stg 2 Aem Cia, Invidia catless DP, Spt CB. I dunnp what could have caused the problem i know its overboost code. Now the car doesnt sound the same sounds like the turbo is always spooling, and not the normal sound. Like its over workin itself. But i cleared the codes and test ran the car and everything was fine.
Please chime in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-24-2009, 06:49 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
The car overboosted.It happens.Since your running the XPT map email Braiden(XPT) and maybe he can moddify the map.Sounds like the wastegate duty compensation per IAT needs tweaking and maybe the turbo dynamics mapping.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#3 Old 02-24-2009, 07:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

On_3_Go is an unknown
Im having problems with the logger, i cant seem to get romraider to connect its driving me crazy!!! Any suggestions?
FYI it has been freezing cold around my area for the past few months and i havent had a problem running the map since i have flashed it. Dunno if that would help but figured id just throw that out there
#4 Old 02-24-2009, 08:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
It won't always do it...but, I'm sure the cold air was the culprit. It just needs some tweaking. I can't help you with the logger. But, I'd say to give braiden a e-mail. Like dumdum said.
#5 Old 02-24-2009, 09:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

On_3_Go is an unknown
Well listen to this. i just updated my ecuflash program to the new update and now none of my xpt maps will load into the program GRRRRR!!!! I shot him an email just waiting on a response
#6 Old 02-24-2009, 04:48 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by On_3_Go View Post
Well listen to this. i just updated my ecuflash program to the new update and now none of my xpt maps will load into the program GRRRRR!!!!
Thats because you have to go back and put the XPT definition file back into Ecuflash.Anytime you update Ecuflash the definition files are removed and replaced.

#7 Old 02-24-2009, 06:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

On_3_Go is an unknown
I got everything workin,Im hittin 11.5-11.7 on the a/fs with xpt stg 2 a hair rich
#8 Old 02-24-2009, 07:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wrxthekid is an unknown
Hey fellas, what up? Yo this happen to me like a few months ago but i really didn't do anything to fix. I have my check engine light come on and i was going to go to a shop and get it checked the next day. I woke up but nothing was on it and the car seemed running fine. So just wondering if it just a whatever thing or what??
#9 Old 02-25-2009, 08:56 AM
WRXpert

Not every DTC requires the CEL to be constantly illuminated.Most DTC's have a drive cycle that will turn the CEL if the problem has gone away and not been repeated.Overboosting is a momentary thing.Cel goes away when the drive cycle is complete.Now something like bad coil pack or catless exhaust will cause a permanent problem that cannot be solved by running out the drive cycle because the problem is not momentary.The CEL will stay illuminated until the problem is rectified.

#10 Old 02-25-2009, 08:58 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by On_3_Go View Post
I got everything workin,Im hittin 11.5-11.7 on the a/fs with xpt stg 2 a hair rich
Thats lean for Subaru tuning.I don't think you quite understand how fueling goes for forced induction vehicles.It's not the same as the lean-rich ratios on a NA engine.Here is the stock primary fueling map from an 02 WRX (most others look the same)