08 WRX Accessport (AT) questions/reviews(?) - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-05-2010, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BSherrod is an unknown
08 WRX Accessport (AT) questions/reviews(?)

I have just gotten a 2008 wrx 5 door, but the deal on this nice used car came with the down side for being an automatic. So i have put on the spt exhaust, have a drop-in air filter, and now I am wanting to do a down pipe but have thoughts about doing so without the accessport. So here is my big question...what changes, with a automatic transmission, do you have when you change the maps, does it change the "sport" mode; Does it change the triptonic shifting? Is there a real down side using this with an automatic?? I have been looking but i have yet to find anyone that have provided any feedback after using the accessport with an automatic. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-06-2010, 02:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
I don't think it changes anything with the shift points or anything in the transmission at all. You can also check Cobb's site for information on the specific maps. You really ought to get the AP before getting the DP.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-08-2010, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BSherrod is an unknown
yea thats what i was thinking, when I have checked out the web site i have found nothing about automatic transmission(s). Not to mention like no feedback from the forums about someone with an AT using a Cobb Accessport. But like i said before I agree with you, how has your sti been? Did you feel robbed when you found out about the 2009 like i did??
post #4 of 11 Old 12-08-2010, 10:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
^The 08 STI doesn't have a power change in 09...like the wrx. So, I'm not sure if that's what your talking about or not.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #5 of 11 Old 12-09-2010, 11:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

KCsubikid is an unknown
It doesn't matter if its automatic or 5spd. You might just feel a little more of a power bump with the 5spd I suppose

-Jason-
Protuned 4EAT- Helix DP, Grimmspeed CC UP, Grimmspeed EBCS, SPT CBE
post #6 of 11 Old 12-18-2010, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BSherrod is an unknown
I thought that the 2009 WRX had 265 hp and the 2008 had 225 hp, is this not true??? or is this only true for the STi?? Anyone have any preferences for a down pipe for an AT???
post #7 of 11 Old 12-18-2010, 01:25 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Depends on your budget and if you want catted or catless. Im a BIG fan of Cobb and run their full exhaust (on my 07 5MT). Its a bellmouth and catted. Perfect fitment, look and sound. W/e you may be looking at/for be sure to get a bellmouth.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #8 of 11 Old 12-19-2010, 10:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod View Post
yea thats what i was thinking, when I have checked out the web site i have found nothing about automatic transmission(s). Not to mention like no feedback from the forums about someone with an AT using a Cobb Accessport. But like i said before I agree with you, how has your sti been? Did you feel robbed when you found out about the 2009 like i did??
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod View Post
I thought that the 2009 WRX had 265 hp and the 2008 had 225 hp, is this not true??? or is this only true for the STi?? Anyone have any preferences for a down pipe for an AT???
Ok, to clarify what I meant. The 2008 and 2009 STI didn't change power levels. Like the WRXs did. Hondafan might've felt robbed when he owned his 08 WRX, but he stepped up to a 2008 STI and I'm sure that he's more than happy with it.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #9 of 11 Old 01-24-2011, 04:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subbie is more helpful than not
Garage
I am a huge fan of HKS Catless DP.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
- 08' Yamaha R1 - Top Speed seen is 204 - SOLD
post #10 of 11 Old 01-24-2011, 05:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Ok, to clarify what I meant. The 2008 and 2009 STI didn't change power levels. Like the WRXs did. Hondafan might've felt robbed when he owned his 08 WRX, but he stepped up to a 2008 STI and I'm sure that he's more than happy with it.
Yep. With my 224 hp 08 WRX I felt robbed when the '09 came out. It doesn't matter with the 305 hp STi from '08 to the 305 hp STi from '09. There was no change there. You are correct on the '09 WRX with 265 hp though. If you bought an '09 automatic it would be the exact same car as yours though, as it would actually be the Impreza GT. They kept the turbo from the '08 WRX for the Impreza GT, dropped the availability of an automatic on the WRX, and left the auto to the Impreza GT only. That seemed less than coherent. I hope it made sense.

Regarding upgrades, you'll be happy increasing the power on you WRX by taking it to stage 2 with the DP and AP. Automatic trans WRX's aren't super common so it's hard to find many people that have experience with upgrading them. The motor's the same, and you may be excited to follow BoostAddict's build, as he changed out the turbo on his 08 WRX, injectors, intercooler, all the fun stuff right in the beginning to make his WRX into what he wanted, and he gave detailed info on what upgrades he did and really muted the concerns between the '08 to '09. I hope that helps.

BoostAddict's Build
post #11 of 11 Old 01-25-2011, 04:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

KCsubikid is an unknown
Question about^
Now I hear you can drop in an '09 turbo(vf52?) into an '08 wrx and basically make it the same car. Would it also be possible to do that in the 4EAT? I'm not planning on it, I have just been curious, and if possible then it could help out this guy.

-Jason-
Protuned 4EAT- Helix DP, Grimmspeed CC UP, Grimmspeed EBCS, SPT CBE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement