Subaru WRX Forum banner

07 wrx tactrix ecu flash questions

7K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  basco 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new here and was hoping you all can clear a few things up for me. I have been studying what everyone has been saying in other posts for the past week, but still have questions.

1.)What is the best stage 1 map to download out there for a basicly stock 07 wrx (Wagon). And should I find it here (osecuroms.org)

2.) Can I install a boost controller prior to flashing my ecu with a new map, Or does the map change the boost settings to a higher psi than stock?

3.) Since I am not at the point of mapping stage 2, Do I still need romrader or is ecuflash(Or is it called openflash) Fine by itself.

Thanks for any help I can get. Alot of the info out there is a little dated and I just want to make sure I am flashing my wrx with the best possable setup.

#3 ·
I have no experience working with OS but I do know to stand clear of a boost controller. The Stage 1 map should reset the parameters (boost, WGDC, etc...etc..)

Several on here will say to use RomRaider (heard good things about it). Someone will chime in.

Welcome to the forums.

#4 ·
I'll answer in order
1) yes get it from osecuroms, and the Gaberdude map is by far the best Stg1 for the 06+
2) No you cannot ever run a boost controller your car will do that for you, unless you are shooting for massive power
3) Yes you need romraider so you can datalog your car and make sure everything is functioning properly

The reason the maps are out-dated is because a stg1 flash doesn't take long to perfect when I pro-tune a customers car stg 1 I just use the same basemap and a few individualized tweaks, there is only so much tweaking you can do because the car is still for the most part stock

#5 ·
Thanks alot guys. Ok well cool gaberdude. Nice well today I have someone who's is going to roll my rear fenders so my tires wont rub anymore(235/40/18). within a week I should get the cable to do the flash. If I get confused I will ask for help.

#9 ·
So I did everything correctly. The first time I started it it took awhile to start which makes me think i did it correctly. The thing is it doesn't seem that much faster. Mab a little. Should I expect big gains or minamal gains?

#11 ·
when I had a 'stage 1' flash on my car, like basco said, the power increase was not huge...however what I did notice was a much smoother power curve, which made driving much more enjoyable. Granted, I have a 2.0 Liter engine but that's my experience for what it's worth. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.