05 accessport V1 vs V2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-20-2009, 04:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
05 accessport V1 vs V2

First off, I have searched Accessport on this site but I am getting alot of hits that do not realte to what I am trying to figure out. Sorry if this has been asked before.??
OK, So I am looking at getting an accessport and there some used V1ís out there that are alot cheaper than the V2ís. I am only looking to flash to a stage 1 and maybe someday a stage 2. My car is a dd and I will not be racing or launching my car ever. I found this post on NASIOC - AccessPort v1 vs v2 - Page 3 - NASIOC and there is a lot of good data on there. I guess I am just looking for some other input about which to purchase. If I could get a few really good reasons to get a v2 I would wait and get one of those later or if it doesnít really matter for me, I would get a v1 soon.
I have found some used v1ís and v2ís on ebay. Anywhere else I could look?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-20-2009, 05:39 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I have never seen a V1 in person, nor have I read that thread. But the V2 is awesome. Ability to log, its faster than the V1, looks better than the V1. If you can wait just get a V2, but thats just me. Make sure that either version you get BE SURE that is unmarried from the previous car or its worthless.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 11-20-2009, 06:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
It's not entirely worthless, If you got it cheap enough to be worth it, Cobb will reset it for $395. But it would be hard to find a deal where you saved money on it.

Having owned a V1 and now a V2, obviously I'd say go with the newer one. The version 1 allows you to check and reset codes (code numbers only), only when the car is off. Other than mapping, that's it. It's also huge. And Cobb stopped supporting it the first of October, it looks like the maps are still available though.

The version 2 however, you can check codes and reset them on the freeway. You can clock your 1/4 mile time, 0-60, 60', monitor almost anything, and change idle presets and timing. If none of that appeals to you , buy the V2

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#4 Old 11-20-2009, 09:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Another thing to think about is, sure, you might spend $695 on a V2 brand new, but think about the resale value - you could probably still get at least 500 bucks for it easy a few years down the road.

John
07 WRX