04 wrx - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

04WRXrally is an unknown
04 wrx

i have a 04 wrx compleatly stock and i have a buddy with a s13 nissan 240sx with a sr20det built pushing around 350 hp and im tired of loosing so i was wanting to know if i buy all my new parts injectors,turbo,grimm speed bcs,hks evc5,exhaust, now can cobb access port tune all that for me or do i have to drive a few states over to get it tunned in person
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 08:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
You will need a custom tune for most of that. The only things there are ots maps for is an exhaust, and depending on what turbo you are gonna use there are a few that are for injectors, topmount, and turbo(with exhaust). Good luck man. Oh if you want to see what I mean, just go to cobbtuning.com, select maps find you car and year and you will see a list of maps.

Ps...I just looked up your car on there, there are several for upgraded turbos, even one for a fp 16g. Take a look.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/AccessPORT...x/WRX-Map-Grid

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.

Last edited by bad grocerygetter; 05-27-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: ps
post #3 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 11:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You list two boost controllers???
Drop the HKS. My car came with one installed and was letting me hit 25 psi- ish. So I unhooked it recently and put on a GS ebc.
And yes, you will need pro tuned

With proper mods you should be able to destroy the 180 no problem on the track. Even after he ups his power again. He's vonna be laying rubber while you at least a length or two ahead of him
And that my friend is what makes an awd, an awd!!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #4 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 03:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
*shakes head*
post #5 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

04WRXrally is an unknown
i read some where that in order to throw up boost a bit before doing so the gsbs must be installed mostly im gonna use the hks evc and just a heads up display just to keep a eye on things and im looking at a fp 16g turbo we go out in the hills regularly and last night cops showed up to our bon fire and lets just say everyone thought the diesel was gonna get them out faster then me but were they wrong i need more high end because the cop in his charger was getting close real fast so i need a lot more to help me not only have a bitchen rally car to get me out of bad situations fast in the moutains but to show these nissan lovers why subaru is and always will be better and yes we just droped the sr in a coupe a few nights ago and he is doing alot of weight reduction and what kinda worrys me is what about a rolling start i mean this thing almost breaks your neck ha and on top of that his room mate has a s13 with a rb20 :/ now im fully prepared to drop some cash on this im tired of all these cummins d bags blowing past me
post #6 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 05:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
We could only hope you get arrested.
post #7 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 06:42 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
And you are the reason why we have BAD names. You will need oh so much more than a 16G and that 2.0 to outrun any type of charger. And any well built diesel will leave you in their smoke also. You need to do alot more research and reading, then after that MUCH growing up, then some more reading before you even consider getting behind a wheel again.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #8 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 06:44 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You really think a 2.0 and a 16G has any chance at anything with a charger (or most any other v-8s) on a paved road? You are the reason that guys like most of us have a HORRIBLE name. And even a decent diesel will leave you choking on their smoke also. You first need to do ALOT more reading and research, then MUCH growing up to do, then more reading and research before you even consider getting behind the wheel again.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #9 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 06:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I will not help with somebody putting others lives in danger.
If your too immature to have a gas pedal you shouldn't have one.

Randy-
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #10 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 06:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ps. Thus kind of blabber is against our rules, just a heads up.

Randy-
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #11 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 07:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Only a matter of time before this gets locked.

Cobb Accessport Stage 2.
JDM ej205 swap.

Hakuna Matata.

Chuck.
post #12 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 09:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
I knew where this was going after reading his 1st post.
post #13 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 09:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

I was hoping not, but you will have this.
*shakes head other way*
haha

Randy-
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #14 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

04WRXrally is an unknown
ok dont get me wrong i am not some immature guy who gives us a bad name not at all most of my raceing is at the strip me being in montana there are plenty of dirt roads that we like to go on (private) and as for the charger its was on dirt roads no pavement i knew i would never have a chance if it was any where els. trust me i sold my duramax because ppl gave us a bad name for rolling smoke all over town and taring up my town so i got something i could do for a sport its just an iterest so i dont like someone saying im makeing us all look bad at all. i was just in a bad place and needed to get out
post #15 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 11:06 PM

Then keep it to yourself. Member or not people can see these threads. I have a 20G on my 2.5 liter and I have several friends with sr swapped 240's. A couple of them pull on me, so again, read and research.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement