02 WRX basic AP questions - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-05-2012, 11:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

Msegars88 is an unknown
02 WRX basic AP questions

Guy wants to sell me his AP for cheap. its a v1. I believe I have to have the v1 since I have an 02 WRX, correct?

I can run pre-programmed stage 1 without a cobb intake?
and pre-programmed stage 2 after intake and turbo-back?
93 oct maps since my area has 93

I have a GFB 50/50 BOV and i love venting atmp. I know it looses some performence so I assume If I want to go for some good runs, turn it to recirc and use stage 1. Shouldnt hurt stage 1 still installed with the BOV atmp though? Is there a map in which my car wont be looking for the recirc pressure? and smooth out the shifting?
I still have my stock BPV but dont want to loose my little Psht

I only have the axle-back exhaust

Where can I get any other maps not found on the AP from factory? See what options they have to know in which direction I might want to do my furture upgrades, besides intake and turbo-back exhuast being the first ones. Cobb offer these or need I found a local shop that does Cobb AP tuning?

All this sound correct? from my reading and stuiding on Cobbtuning
Just want to make sure before I buy and relieze I should have gone in another direction or Im not getting what I expect out of the AP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You can get other maps from when you get tuned (if you can find a tuner that will tune you with the V1).

You can use a V2 (If i'm not mistaken, if you send in the V1, you get a $200 credit towards a V2).

Don't pay more than $100-$150 for the V1.

You can run the stage 1 WITH or without the COBB SF but not another brand of intake (stick to the map notes exactly). There isn't a map for an aftermarket BOV.

Here is a link to the 02: COBB Tuning - Subaru AccessPORT

VTA isn't recommended but it's your car, run it how you like.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 06-06-2012, 07:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

Msegars88 is an unknown
Even on cobbs website its states the product code as V1 for my car. v2 only for for 2004+
#4 Old 06-06-2012, 07:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
I have a v2 for mine. And no you do not have to have an intake for stage 2. But they do support one if its in the map notes(convey Sf intake). Paul is right though, I would call Cobb and verify if they give you a credit towards a v2 if you send them the old one. It's well worth it for that price imo. As for you last statement, I think you are mistaking the ap-sub-001 for what you are thinking the v2 is. All the sub-001 is, is the model number of the ap.Cobb doesn't even list the v1 anywhere on their website anymore. But at the top of the website is a direct phone number for them and I understand they have great customer service.

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.
#5 Old 06-06-2012, 03:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Msegars88 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad grocerygetter View Post
As for you last statement, I think you are mistaking the ap-sub-001 for what you are thinking the v2 is. All the sub-001 is, is the model number of the ap.Cobb doesn't even list the v1 anywhere on their website anymore.
ohhhhhh ok. I kept seeing that sub-001 and was thinking it was v1. Now the dice are rolling. Well the guy wants to sell me his v1 for 200 so if its only a 200 credit then its not worth it. Wont be saving any money and Im in no rush to get one. Id rather keep saving and go right to v2 since it seems to be so much better.
#6 Old 06-06-2012, 04:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
If cobb gives you 200 and you buy the old one for 100, than after your 200 credit, you will have saved 100 from the original price.
Not trying to be an A-hole, but that is a 3rd grade math problem right???Or am I just missing something?

Buy the 100 dollar one and trade it in on a good AP!

Again, not trying to be a d#ck, just save you money

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#7 Old 06-07-2012, 05:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
But I believe the guy is selling his v1 for 200, no savings from the trade-in program at COBB.

IMHO, if you aren't going to do anything more with the car and not get a custom tune, the v1 is prob the way to go.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#8 Old 09-21-2012, 04:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

Msegars88 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
If cobb gives you 200 and you buy the old one for 100, than after your 200 credit, you will have saved 100 from the original price.
Not trying to be an A-hole, but that is a 3rd grade math problem right???Or am I just missing something?

Buy the 100 dollar one and trade it in on a good AP!

Again, not trying to be a d#ck, just save you money
FAIL:
correct, but if I had paid $200, like I stated, then.. $200 buy and... $200 in saving...
mmmm...

anyways, Ive learned a lot since I posted this.
Only thing I have left is how can you tell the difference in the V1 and the V2?
Any writing on the case? or a opening screen when its plugged into the OBDII port?
#9 Old 09-21-2012, 07:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Just go open source and save the worries....or something.....lol

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#10 Old 09-21-2012, 09:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Google AP V1 under images and AP V2. You'd be amazed. Oh wait... I'll do it for you.

V1

V2

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae