When did your clutch go? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 Old 10-09-2004, 11:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

latinWRX is an unknown
well... any shifting whatsoever wears out the clutch. But one could say that downshifting does wear it out more, IMO (if you are a normal driver that doesn't burn the clutch evertime you accelerate).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 10-11-2004, 06:49 PM

DubyaAreEx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to DubyaAreEx
Quote:
Originally Posted by meth311
DubyaAreEx if you dont mind can i ask how old you are? and how you drive your car normally?
im 18 and i drive my car pretty hard. im surprised nothing has gone yet even after learning how to drive a stick with this car.
post #18 of 22 Old 10-11-2004, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

meth311 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to meth311
wow props to you man!!!
post #19 of 22 Old 10-12-2004, 05:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

kylo19 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to kylo19
Damn 25,000 miles seems awsome to me.... i got 2 friends who did turbo upgrades at like 6,000 miles and they replaced their clutches at around 12k. all my mods were done at around 2k... !Cry! im at 6k now and im scared as hell
post #20 of 22 Old 10-12-2004, 10:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

AZ-Scoob is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to AZ-Scoob
so figure in about 6k miles you will get to learn how to remove that trans. I have gotten good enough on my car that I can do a clutch in under an hour (in a shop, with air tools). heck I replaced the 3-4 synchro in my trans in under 2 hours! the trans is actually easy to get out, try doing a clutch in an EVO VIII, thats a royal pain!!!!!

[I]"Winners never quit, quitters never win, those that never win or quit are idiots."[/I]
post #21 of 22 Old 10-13-2004, 11:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Mazman9 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Mazman9
Hey everyone, I am new to this site, and very close to the purchase of a new '04 WRX. I registered on this site to learn more about the car through the best source - owners! Also wanted to research some aftermarket parts and experiences before hand.

I am very surprised to hear that around 30-40k miles is average for clutch life. Seems really early. I am reading that not all of you are pushing your cars to the limit all the time, so I would think that the stock clutch just isn't very good - long term. Is this the case?

If I may ask, was this something that anyone knew about before getting a WRX? Would it have swayed your decision? Are there any particular aftermarket clutches that some have changed to, or just replace with another stock clutch? Also, have any changed the trans oil to aftermarket oil?

I personally, even after hearing this, still want to purchase a WRX, however it is an unforseen concern I have to think about earlier than I thought.

Thanks in advance, and hope to get into this car as soon as I can. I have wanted one for many years, finally have a good chance at getting one!

Dan
post #22 of 22 Old 10-16-2004, 10:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

HRTATAK is an unknown
I'm still on the stock clutch and tranny with 106,000 miles. Prob been in about 50 drag races.