Subaru WRX Forum banner

Well finally!!!

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  ejs0806 
#1 ·
Well it finally happened and for those of you, who like me, knew it would. Yes my stock 100k+ trans has finally handled it's last hard pull. :(
I will explain. I was passing someone on the way to work the other day and noticed the car didn't want to go into 3rd gear. I didn't think much of it and drove on to work. After leaving work and coming home I noticed a funny sound and the car not wanting to go into 3rd at all, no matter how hard I tried it won't go.:mad:
Conclusion, something is bend, maybe the shift fork I don't know for sure. I won't be able to really do much with the car until the end of the year so I guess it will sit until I can take the trans out and take it to my friend for a rebuild. All in all I don't care what anyone says that trans has been dealt a hard life. It has put up with lots of launches and even some scary "holy **** where's that gear" moments...
Not sure who had the month of November as there predicted "Keith's trans is gonna blow" time, but congrats you won.:D

#3 ·
I still think your transmission is a factory freak Keith. Its that or you can drive a lot better than most people with a 5 spd.

Dang...I wish we would've made a "keith's transmission will fail pool" now. :p Kidding...I just knew it would be un dramatic though. Boo to that.

#5 ·
Sorry to let you down Kirt, but I figure if I had hit the 11 second mark ;) it would have been much more dramatic and for all I know, it might just need the shift fork replaced, the gears my be okay still.

Cullen, I wouldn't sweat it to much. As I said this car has had a rough old life and I am very surprised it lasted the first 10k without a mishap. Not sure what mods you have to your car, but I have been abusing the car for the last 8 years most of that a STG.2+!Thumbs Up

#6 ·
Cullen, I wouldn't sweat it to much. As I said this car has had a rough old life and I am very surprised it lasted the first 10k without a mishap. Not sure what mods you have to your car, but I have been abusing the car for the last 8 years most of that a STG.2+!Thumbs Up
Mine's also STG 2+ and has been beaten extremely hard on track and off since I've owned it (sept. '06) It also did two season's doubling as my tow vehicle for my race car, and lapping in TT. What worries me is that I sold my spare trans before I moved out east, and I only have the one car presently.

Hope yours turns out to be less than catastrophic !Thumbs Up

#7 ·
Dam that sucks. What trans did you have AA, BA? I checked mine the other day after reading the thread about the 2 different trans in the 02 and seen I got BA. How long till you get back on the road?

#15 ·
So I decided to drive the car to work today and see how it drove. Well to make a long story short, I got to the end of my street and turned around and got out the Festiva.... Oh well...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.