Urgent please help! Dealer messed up my car, might blame me! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 27 Old 09-21-2011, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
If you tell them you were unhappy with the customer service that might come back to bite you. Just my $.02 though.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 Old 09-21-2011, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ilganeli is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
If you tell them you were unhappy with the customer service that might come back to bite you. Just my $.02 though.
How do you figure?
post #18 of 27 Old 09-22-2011, 06:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well they may think your just an ass and try and figure out a way to get out of fixing the problem like the last dealership did...Or call the other dealership and ask them what happened...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #19 of 27 Old 09-22-2011, 06:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

BoostinChick is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I see the only way it backfiring is if you want to go back to that dealership. You were a customer who paid decent money for your Subaru and they should treat you with respect and like an adult. Businesses survive by their customer base and if you go around bad mouthing them then those are potential customers lost.

If this were me I would either try to speak with a manager and work things out, or cut your ties and find a friendlier and more knowledgeable dealer. If you get to speak with a manager do not trash the employees just let him/her know that you felt you did not receive great customer service and you disagree with their root cause of the issue and would like a second opinion.

- Sandra
2007 WRX TR | Stage 2 | PAR Gearset (Built by AndrewTech)
post #20 of 27 Old 09-22-2011, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ilganeli is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
I see the only way it backfiring is if you want to go back to that dealership. You were a customer who paid decent money for your Subaru and they should treat you with respect and like an adult. Businesses survive by their customer base and if you go around bad mouthing them then those are potential customers lost.

If this were me I would either try to speak with a manager and work things out, or cut your ties and find a friendlier and more knowledgeable dealer. If you get to speak with a manager do not trash the employees just let him/her know that you felt you did not receive great customer service and you disagree with their root cause of the issue and would like a second opinion.
I agree with this sentiment, but I don't think I will get anything from this dealer immediately. I think if I am able to go to another dealer, get things fixed, and then come back and say look - here's what the problem was, clearly not my fault, then I should be able to leverage that into future repair work at this dealer under warranty.
post #21 of 27 Old 09-22-2011, 08:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

BoostinChick is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilganeli View Post
I agree with this sentiment, but I don't think I will get anything from this dealer immediately. I think if I am able to go to another dealer, get things fixed, and then come back and say look - here's what the problem was, clearly not my fault, then I should be able to leverage that into future repair work at this dealer under warranty.
May not be worth it since it will look as if you are smearing it in their face that another dealership fixed it. This could backfire in the sense that if you do go back to this dealer that gave you issues they will just continue to give you issues thinking you are a "problem customer". Like I said, if you are going to another dealer then just cut your ties and forget about this place. It's clearly not worth the headache for both parties.

- Sandra
2007 WRX TR | Stage 2 | PAR Gearset (Built by AndrewTech)
post #22 of 27 Old 09-22-2011, 10:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Sandra's advice is pretty well thought out...I would consider what she said.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #23 of 27 Old 09-23-2011, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ilganeli is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Sandra's advice is pretty well thought out...I would consider what she said.
I think so. I don't want to completely sever ties with this dealer however, since they are 5 minutes away from my apartment, and so there is a big convenience factor here. I may try to figure out a diplomatic way of resolving this.
post #24 of 27 Old 09-23-2011, 09:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Good luck and lets us know how it turns out.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #25 of 27 Old 09-23-2011, 10:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hmm...Let's see what happens.
Attached Images

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #26 of 27 Old 09-24-2011, 12:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
wow dealerships are so dumb! a bushing that denies work, what a joke. i went to a dealer by my old house and seriously a kid there took an hour each time to just look up a part number. he would never get it right, i would have to lean over the counter and show him how to use the microfiche right. dealers pay nothing! salesman are commission only and make around $50-$100 minis on each deal, techs are hired out of school or off the street at $8-10 an hr besides one main tech, and parts/service again will hire anyone that wants the low pay. hell my dealer made his 22 year old son in law the service manager and he just came from delivering pizza his whole life!!! you have to check around and find a dealer with people that at least know something. my dealer knows i had 400+ crank hp on my 09 and still gave me about 21k on trade in. they all know me and are friends and i even flashed stage 1 in the parking lot at 5 miles with everyone watching how to do it. you just have to find the mod friendly one's i guess because anyone with half a brain knows what mods you can do on these cars. sadly none of us can afford to work with the cars we love because we would never be able to make the payments. 98% of them there dont even know what these cars are for, there just a sales item to them.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
post #27 of 27 Old 09-24-2011, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ilganeli is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
wow dealerships are so dumb! a bushing that denies work, what a joke. i went to a dealer by my old house and seriously a kid there took an hour each time to just look up a part number. he would never get it right, i would have to lean over the counter and show him how to use the microfiche right. dealers pay nothing! salesman are commission only and make around $50-$100 minis on each deal, techs are hired out of school or off the street at $8-10 an hr besides one main tech, and parts/service again will hire anyone that wants the low pay. hell my dealer made his 22 year old son in law the service manager and he just came from delivering pizza his whole life!!! you have to check around and find a dealer with people that at least know something. my dealer knows i had 400+ crank hp on my 09 and still gave me about 21k on trade in. they all know me and are friends and i even flashed stage 1 in the parking lot at 5 miles with everyone watching how to do it. you just have to find the mod friendly one's i guess because anyone with half a brain knows what mods you can do on these cars. sadly none of us can afford to work with the cars we love because we would never be able to make the payments. 98% of them there dont even know what these cars are for, there just a sales item to them.
I feel every inch of this at the moment. I would love to find a dealer that actually understands our car and doesn't try to #### us for making it better. Sigh...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement