Tranny wont shift into 1st.....Help! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-29-2007, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Tcameron is an unknown
Tranny wont shift into 1st.....Help!

I'm new to this site but I have a 2003 wrx, I don't beat on it at all but the other night I was sitting at a stop light and when I went to shift into first....it wouldn't shift.....its like first gear never came in the car. It feels like there's a block or something where first gear should be, and its preventing me from sliding it into first. There is no grinding or any noise from the gear at all. it just don't go into first. All the rest of the gears work great and show no problems or griding. I don't know much about trannys, but could I have broke first gear? or could my clutch fork be messed up?

Thanks

Ty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-29-2007, 07:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
im sure u did, but did u pump the clutch several tries and then try to put it in gear? if so and still didn't go in u might of broken that gear.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
post #3 of 4 Old 10-29-2007, 09:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

koolpaul1082 is an unknown
try putting it in reverse backing up and while your rolling slightly try to slip it into 1st
post #4 of 4 Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Pulling it out of gear and putting it into another,then back to first works.So does rolling back or foward.This is common in ALOT of WRX's.Also check the tranny fluid level and if you don't know if the fluid has ever been changed,go ahead and do it along with the rear differential.Both use 75W-90 GL-5.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement