Subaru WRX Forum banner

Tranny wont shift into 1st.....Help!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dumdum 
#1 ·
I'm new to this site but I have a 2003 wrx, I don't beat on it at all but the other night I was sitting at a stop light and when I went to shift into first....it wouldn't shift.....its like first gear never came in the car. It feels like there's a block or something where first gear should be, and its preventing me from sliding it into first. There is no grinding or any noise from the gear at all. it just don't go into first. All the rest of the gears work great and show no problems or griding. I don't know much about trannys, but could I have broke first gear? or could my clutch fork be messed up?

Thanks

Ty

#4 ·
Pulling it out of gear and putting it into another,then back to first works.So does rolling back or foward.This is common in ALOT of WRX's.Also check the tranny fluid level and if you don't know if the fluid has ever been changed,go ahead and do it along with the rear differential.Both use 75W-90 GL-5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.