Subaru WRX Forum banner

Tips before I mount engine back to trans.

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  AllExtinct 
#1 ·
Well it's almost that time and I was looking for any tips on how to make this go as smooth as it came out "hopefully".

I plan on putting a small amount of grease on clutch fork and pivot point, already have the throw out bearing seprated from the pressure plate to do the push connection with the fork once the trans meets with the engine.
I noticed the throw out bearing seems a bit dry sounding can I spray lithium grease or something on it or just leave it?
Also going to put a bit of grease on the shaft.

When mounting the trans to engine, gonna try to go for the way I got it out by having the trans jacked up at a angle.

Anyone have any pointers or tips to share before I wrestle the soul back into the beast.?

Thanks.

#4 ·
The transmission is still in the car im just dropping the engine in.
It came apart like sliced butter pretty much compaired to other stories where people has to use pry bars to separate the 2.
I was gonna try lining the 2 studs on the bottom of the block and slide it in from an angle like you said brock, I have the trans set up the same way atm the same way it was removed.
Any info on if I can spray a small amount of lithium grease on the TOB or not. I dont wanna mess with it if it could cause failure of the clutch.
Only sparingly greased the clutch fork as of right now.
Also shiuld I try to clean the pressure plate with anything if so what, brake cleaner?
Really want to make this a one time deal so trying to the best out of it.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.