STI w/short throw shifter or w/o ! Any Difference - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-09-2004, 08:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bosnian is an unknown
STI w/short throw shifter or w/o ! Any Difference

A buddy of mine wants to get himself a STI ever since he test drove mine. But the one he was looking at doesn't come with Short Throw Shifter, wheel locks, nor upgraded security. But therefore it's like $800 cheaper. So how much difference is there between the STI with and STI without the short shifter. (only the dealer ones, not aftermarket) Thanks for the Help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-09-2004, 09:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

My05WRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to My05WRX
Havent driven an STi w/o the short throw. Ive only driven 2 though. I would love to have the chance to buy a STi for $800 cheaper though if I were in the market. Just tell him to get an aftermarket short throw, wheel locks, and upgraded security. he can do all that for less than $800.
#3 Old 12-09-2004, 10:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

TexasRex02 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TexasRex02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian
A buddy of mine wants to get himself a STI ever since he test drove mine. But the one he was looking at doesn't come with Short Throw Shifter, wheel locks, nor upgraded security. But therefore it's like $800 cheaper. So how much difference is there between the STI with and STI without the short shifter. (only the dealer ones, not aftermarket) Thanks for the Help.

to answer your question; yes it's a noticeable difference, but not worth the money that the dealer charges. He would save alot of money if he went with something like kartboy/b&m, and they shorten it a little more than the STi one i believe.