STi short shifter vs Kartboy - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 Old 12-09-2007, 07:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
IH8PVMNT, yeah... thread lock probably would have done the trick

but still, I don't know how much I'd trust Cobb's adjustbale lever since the shift lever takes so much abuse every time the car is driven. Also, when the weather gets hot in the summer and then cold in the winter, won't the materials in the lever expand and contract at different rates and cause some slippage? If that's the case, you might have to take the console apart to snug the screws once in a while... maybe I'm just making stuff up now? Anybody know??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 12-09-2007, 07:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
IH8PVMNT, yeah... thread lock probably would have done the trick

but still, I don't know how much I'd trust Cobb's adjustbale lever since the shift lever takes so much abuse every time the car is driven. Also, when the weather gets hot in the summer and then cold in the winter, won't the materials in the lever expand and contract at different rates and cause some slippage? If that's the case, you might have to take the console apart to snug the screws once in a while... maybe I'm just making stuff up now? Anybody know??
not to be a dick.. .its a good concept on it.. but seems way extreme.... just think... for example your assembling an engine bolting down heads or what ever parts on the motor expand and contract every day it goes from dead cold to 200 something degrees everyday... and i use thread lock on all engine parts... and never has any of them loosened up.
in fact ive had problems taking them off sometimes even with an impact gun.... so i dont thinks and adjustable shifter with 2 5mm hex bolts with thread lock would break looses let alone the shaft moving around.... it COBB dude there awsome.. im pretty sure they didnt over looked all of thoses possiblities. i just ordered the cobb shifter tonite just to test it out and post about it lol... i dont think its going to be a problem
post #18 of 19 Old 12-09-2007, 09:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I have the older cobb shifter that doesn't have the little screws, and there's no way you'd be able to accidentally loosen it. If you're afraid of that happening, just get the other double-adjustable shifter (aka ixiz). It's probably cheaper anyway. You could always get a single-adjustable one (like ixiz's v1 or subydude) which are even cheaper.
post #19 of 19 Old 12-10-2007, 10:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
ok, ok you guys win... I went a little overboard with that last comment

I know Cobb is a very reputable company and they have lots of really awesome products. I was just trying to make myself feel better about buying a less expensive product. I'm actually going to order myself a Cobb AP in the very near future hehehehe

thanks for all the info though, now I feel slightly less stupid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement