Squeeling noise when i let off the clutch...help? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-05-2007, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jessluv03 is an unknown
Squeeling noise when i let off the clutch...help?

ok so heres the deal i have a 02 pretty much stock wagon that has about 183000 miles on it.... i know its alot but, my husband and i just replaced the clutch because when i would let off the clutch i would get this squacking, squeeling noise......its only when i let the clutch out easy when i launch it it doesn't do it. so we replaced the clutch with an exedy stage 1,pressure plate and throw out bearing. while removing the old clutch there was alot of greasy build-up on the outside of the clutch pressure plate and the inside of the transmission case. drained fluid and replaced it with fresh generic 80-90 gl-5 autozone fluid.... so today i drove it about 40 miles easily to town and it started happening again the clutch defientely seems to pull stronger but the noise still persist at low rpm's when releasing clutch slowly.. the noise usually happens between 1,000 and 2,000 rpm's then it will happen again when i shift to second and third but only when i baby it......it also happens in reverse...... so if there is any help i would appreiciate it ..!Cry!
thanks alot jessica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-06-2007, 12:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

RedWingKoz is an unknown
Not really a mechanic, but I had that same problem with an old 74 Mustang years ago and it ended up being the throw out bearing. If the noise goes away when you slightly push on the clutch, my guess would be the bearing. Just my 2 cents. Maybe someone else can verify.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-06-2007, 12:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown
I put an Exedy stage 2 clutch in my eclipse 2 years ago and I had the same problem. It is the throw out bearing and it is noisy for the first couple hundred miles after that it should go away.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-06-2007, 07:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

witswrx is an unknown
the throw out bearing is new, its an exedy throwout bearing... i also installed a exedy clutch in my 97 eclipse gsx and didnt have problems with there throwout bearings... keep in mind that the noise was also there before replacing the clutch kit with the new one. i explained it to another tech at firestone and he said it was the flywheel and he said it needs to be resurfaced...
post #5 of 5 Old 09-09-2007, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jessluv03 is an unknown
thanks for all the help problem solved.....