SPT STS and STI bushing compared to.... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-15-2012, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

scho3 is an unknown
SPT STS and STI bushing compared to....

Hey guys I would like to know if there is any big difference between, SPT STS and STI front bushing, and an Aftermarket set up from Cobb, perrin or Kartboy. I know adjustability is one, but as far as throw length and bushing stiffness? Thanks Guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-15-2012, 08:29 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Comparing my 07 to a friends 07 wagon (me with cobb sts and him with the spt) was nite and day difference. The spt is not even close to the money you are paying for it, unless the newer gens get a better short throw.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 5 Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

scho3 is an unknown
Thanks bud! I have it ordered on my 2012 with the sts and bushings...if i dont like it I will prob go with cobb sts and bushings.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-16-2012, 08:15 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
No problem. Like I mentioned that was for 07 models. A little different than yours. If you can look it up and see/read if there any differences between the generations, that might help also. And if you dont like it and order a Cobb/Mode SS be sure to get the right one. I remember for my year if you already had the SPT SS you had to get a certain Cobb version. Not exactly sure why, but they had the two different options. Im sure that you will intially be happier with the SPT unit over stock. As stock is like rowing a stick through muddy water.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #5 of 5 Old 02-17-2012, 11:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chris-pee is an unknown
My 06 I came to find out already had the SPT when I went to install the Kartboy shifter and Perrin bushings. Like he said, night and day difference. I like the aftermarket setup way better. Had to grind the kartboy down though because the SPT uses a different size fork from stock where it attached to the lever. If I didn't do that I would have had to have gotten a lever for a GC Impreza I think to fit the SPT fork.