Subaru WRX Forum banner

Rpm's

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  turmic 
#1 ·
What's up everyone. Got a questio . I have 2011 wrx and just got 2 new tires on front. Back tires have 7/32 tread left. When I punch it say 3,4and 5th gear my rpm go up real high then drop back down when it equals out. Never had this problem before I got 2 new tires. Any help why?

#2 ·
You can't buy only 2 tires for an AWD vehicle in most cases. Whoever you bought your tires from should've informed you of that...although most places could care less about customer service. There has to be less than 3/32nd from one axle to another. Time to fork over the $$ for 2 more my friend. Do it ASAP as well before you cause irreversible damage. DO NOT drive aggressively until you do so man.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
Yeah...what Brandon said and make sure to buy the same tires. You're causing a grip mismatch on the differentials of the car. The VDC and Traction Control are going to end up hating what you're doing to the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.