Really Cheap Shifter Bushings!!!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-30-2007, 05:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

605wrx is an unknown
Really Cheap Shifter Bushings!!!!

I found this and I thought it might be a typo or something but I called them and they said the price is correct, instead of paying 30-40 bux for shifter bushings these are $6 plus shipping.

http://ultrarev.com/product.php?productid=41587
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-30-2007, 08:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
im a firm believer in the "you get what you pay for" adage. however, it is JUST polyurethane.

pick em up and report back in 6 months. i would appreciate it.
#3 Old 08-30-2007, 08:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

605wrx is an unknown
will do
#4 Old 08-31-2007, 12:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

mystilexzero is an unknown
why do they look different compared to cobb or kartboys? was there always that big piece in the middle?
#5 Old 08-31-2007, 12:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

speedytang is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to speedytang
They are excellent and made by the Best name in the Urethane/Suspension business.
#6 Old 08-31-2007, 01:08 AM
WRXpert

bigbadbuddha is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to bigbadbuddha Send a message via MSN to bigbadbuddha
Energy Suspension is the best name in the urethane bushing business.... They would not put out a product that sucks..... I for one would get them just to see how they are...
My .02

Big Jae -
JDM version 7 bugeye
#7 Old 08-31-2007, 01:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

VMethos is an unknown
Is that a set of both the front and rear shifter bushings? The price is crazy low for the fronts alone, but it doesn't specify front or rear, so I was just wondering.

Anyways, I'm going to place an order for them as well. I'll be replacing my clutch and flywheel in a week or two, so I'll swap these for the stock ones while I'm at it. (Don't worry, I know the mantra: "Stock Tranny, Stock Clutch. I'm not "upgrading" the clutch, just replacing it since mine started slipping at heavy loads in 4th and 5th recently, and it's been getting more frequent.)
#8 Old 08-31-2007, 03:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
how quick can yo swap shifter bushings. if this company is as good as you say, i have 10 bucks i cab throw at a nicer shift feel.
#9 Old 08-31-2007, 05:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

VMethos is an unknown
Well, I placed an order... the cheapest shipping option (UPS Ground) to PA was another $8.95. So the actual price is more around $15... which is still half the price of anything else I've seen. I'm still not sure whether it's a full set of front and rear bushings. If it is, then it's $45 cheaper than Kartboys full set, if not, then it's still $15 cheaper for the fronts.

Nose Nuggets: I'm not exactly sure how long it takes but everything I've read on the install is that it isn't hard and shouldn't take long at all. Probably between 20 minutes and an hour or so.

Once my set comes in, I'll let you know.
#10 Old 08-31-2007, 05:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

bitchn.
#11 Old 08-31-2007, 07:01 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
I ordered a set as well, the shipping was crazy, the lowest for me was 10 for ground. and if i wanted them overnight is was an extra 80 dollars.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#12 Old 09-13-2007, 09:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

VMethos is an unknown
yeh. Just so everyone realizes... the default shipping option that was selected when I ordered was overnight airmail express or something, which was about $65 for me. So... be sure to change the shipping option to UPS ground or something more reasonable.

I just got the package in the mail yesterday. It's a solid, single piece front bushing. I believe the OEM is a single piece as well, while Kartboy and Cusco use two pieces (I think to make the install a bit easier, but I'm not sure). I'll try to find time this weekend or next to switch in this sucker and let you know how it is.

If I can't get the solid bushing installed easily, anyone know if cutting the bushing into two pieces (like Kartboy's or Cusco's) would be a problem?