please help.... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-29-2008, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

nicolas316 is an unknown
please help....

hello everyone, im thinking of buying LSD'S from gruppe-s. im looking at the KAAZ lsds, they have front and rear but not central, does that mean i instal front and rear and keep cenral stock? CAN anyone help me in telling me what id experience after installing them? what would change? would i be able to exit turns better and throw my cars rear end out of the turn like in evos and sti? please tell me anything that could make it clearer to me. thanks. NICOLAS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-03-2008, 01:12 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
first off, the central diff is relatively integrated with your tranny. It's pretty difficult to swap just the central diff as a stand alone thing. It's more complicated than the front or rear.

Second, putting on a fancier diff is not going to change much on an AWD car. The main diff of importance is the center one. The rear and front are mostly swapped out when you start making more power than the factory ones can hold. "would i be able to exit turns better and throw my cars rear end out of the turn like in evos and sti?" Uh, it'll make virtually zero difference. I have no idea why you are doing this mod. Most people who do it replace them because the stock ones broke.

if you want your rear end to swing out like a drift car, you bought the wrong car my friend. That's not going to get you around turns faster. It's just going to slow you down and burn more tires.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD