Subaru WRX Forum banner

New wrx question

5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  arewmors 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

Bought a 2012 wrx a few weeks ago. Noticed that first thing in morning after backing out of driveway and then turning and going forward there is a minor click/clunk. Feels like its in driveline somewhere. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? It just happens one time and that's it--around 4-5 mph.

TIA

Pete

#6 ·
When my AC is on for about 20 minutes, I get a pop/crackle out from behind my cup holder. I have zero idea what that is either. But as long as it doesnt make my car spew oil on the ground, It can make all the noises it wants too.

#7 ·
Hey pjkatz04,
Don't feel bad or too worried. I have 2012 also and it does it also every time from reverse to going forward.
My guess is the play in the CV joint when going from one direction to the other.

#10 ·
Ok, cool. I wasn't too worried tbh -- I mostly just wanted to know if anyone knew exactly what it is...for curiousity's sake. Anyway, I love the car a lot. 3 weeks old and I have over 2,000 miles already! I take the long route home each day... =)

#16 ·
i dont know what it is, but I can tell you that over the last year the noise has diminished significantly. Im assuming its something normal, as it happens every time predictably and ever since the car was bought. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

#17 ·
I have a '13 wrx hatch and I noticed the same noise but it only happens when it has been sitting for a long while... weirdly something else happened to me. I was driving my car after its been sitting for awhile. It made that weird noise as usual. After driving down a couple blocks I made a hard left turn to avoid a red light and that weird noise became a contant noise. Sounded like metal scraping. I continued to a gas station that was a block down filled the tank inspected the car (when I heard it I thought something under the car broke off and was dragging on the floor) everything looked fine.. got in the car and the noise was gone once I started moving. When I heard that sound I almost broke down in tears thought my baby didnt love me... but it has yet to happen again even when I purposely make hard turns just to see if it occurs again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.