New Tranny... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-20-2007, 08:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxownesevo is an unknown
New Tranny...

I havent taken apart the tranny...but im pretty sure i have a broken gear or gears... should i just get new gears and replace the broken ones? or should i just get a new tranny? either way where would be the best place to get the parts for cheap? any help would be appreciated i dont know a thing about trannys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-21-2007, 12:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

Black Night is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Black Night
i dont know about cheap but you should look into a set of RA gears, they are a little stronger than stock, and if you feel like spending money and never having to worry about your tranny again...look into ppg gears
#3 Old 12-23-2007, 11:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

@rmag3don is an unknown
Yeah i put RA into mine and have loved them, I also have had FXT tranny which is damn near the same as RA so you could go either route. But if you get the FXT tranny you might have a problem with the drive shafts i believe they are different in the front if you go with a full tranny swap on that. But a side note on the RA gears, when i ordered mine (correct me if im wrong) the US only gets a shipment of those every now and then and get grabbed up even quicker so start checking to find out who has em. I would check with gruppeS ( Impreza Transmission ) ive never had anything go wrong with these guys. Hope this helps and good luck.
#4 Old 12-24-2007, 09:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

dmcmahan12 is an unknown
RA Gearset

I purchased a complete RA gearset from World One Performance last December for $1500. That is 1st through 5th. But I went ahead and put new Synchro's and bearings along with the gearset. Go to World One Performance and take a look. Merry Christmas and hope this helps.