post #16 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 04:41 AM
WRXpert

bigbadbuddha is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to bigbadbuddha Send a message via MSN to bigbadbuddha
Total Baller^^^^^

Fixed

Big Jae -
JDM version 7 bugeye

Last edited by bigbadbuddha; 10-07-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 11:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

sekretskwirl is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
So... How much of this did you do to the car? Brake system? Suspension? Why'd you badge it with an old skool L awd emblem just out of curiosity? And sorry to ruin your fun, I couldn't possibly care less if I was the 60th owner, it is what it is, and I love my car, I'll keep this thing and love it no matter what. It's only money.
6th owner...not 60th . AND we actually did ALL the work. The car was stock when it came to us. The 2 idiot clowns that owned it between me and you barely drove it and only had it a couple months total. They lied about who did what and never touched the car. I saw it at the used car lot one day in Auburn and I couldn't believe Mr. Choong had sold the car only a month later or so!!

We resurected the poor thing in the beginning and spent 6 months putting it together. It never made it to the dyno though after all the mods. It had a mellow map to get us by. Thats' when I found an STi and decided to let her go. Make sure you post the dyno sheets'. I'm glad you appreciate the car...it's kinda' of a looker with the Carbon Fiber/Yellow/Wheels and all.

AND the reason the car had the Impreza L' badge was just for the sleeper look + the trunk came with no stinkin' badges to begin with.

I'm Buggie for Bugeyes
Danielle
post #18 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 11:51 AM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Wow, not much love for Mr Chase here is there?? Play nice kids..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
post #19 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 12:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Shoaf View Post
Wow, not much love for Mr Chase here is there?? Play nice kids..
hehehe...your wrong there Mr. Shoafster. I am very happy that he has the car. Finally the old girl has a proper home. When it was sitting at teh car lot for a month I was sad because it was like my child was being sold and had no home. Some kind of illegitimate step-car. Here I was driving a shiny STi and there it sat in the rain and snow...helpless with no one to love it. It was right off of the freeway and we'd drive by all the time and have to see the poor thing. It's a real crummy little car lot with mostly wrecks' by the way and the owner is a sleezy crook...I went there and talked to him and I was not impressed.

Chase here sounds like a stand up person and no doubt he'll make a good owner so I am at peace now with whole thing...maybe I'll get visitation

He can PM me anytime for info

I'm Buggie for Bugeyes
Danielle
post #20 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Thanks for the info. Nice to know it wasn't abused for most of it's life. No, I'm not a baller, I just love the car and couldn't care less what I need to do for it, its worth it to me. My wife makes the money, lol. Also, I didn't buy it off ebay, he must have had a np bidder, ### I found it on craigslist. He listed in Washington/Oregon CL because it was pointless to resell in Cali due to your restricive smogs, and she was in need in order for renewal. He had 2 guys in line after me with cash in hand, but I contacted him first so he did business with me, he wasn't a bad guy.
post #21 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
What else do I need to have for an Sti transmission swap besides the bare transmission? I'm thinking about breaking down and doing it.
post #22 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 01:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

really? well someone must have bailed after winning. As far as the smog deal I gave Mr. Cheng' all the stock exaust and stuff to Reg' the car. In fact I registered it the day before I sold it to Mr. Choing'.lol. I figure he has the stuff laying around his yard whatever. You always keep the stock stuff in case. I'll be watching your posts so that will be like visitation . By the way she's alergic to wings...I tried to put one on her and she was sick for weeks so I removed it....she was fine and back to here normal hot self' in a matter hours

wingles ttw

I'm Buggie for Bugeyes
Danielle
post #23 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Not a fan of spoilers, I think the day that did it for was about 2 years ago when I saw a Geo metro "fixed up" with a spoiler, I kid you not, higher than the roof of the car. wow. Their too flashy for me. I was actually going to debadge the car and but a 2.5rs emblem, and tell EVERYONE it was a regular impreza before I saw it in rl, then I knew it was a lost cause. The white 37's, wilwood calipers, and cf hood scoop kinda give it away, as well as the Sti side markers. After having your car stolen once you get kinda paranoid. That's the reason I went car shopping and found my new beauty, a blessing in disguise I suppose. Thanks for all the work
post #24 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 01:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

De badge is cool but so cliche IMO totally de-badged looks 'bare'. I'm all about low key though. The my white Bug i is going to have only the S U B A R U on the trunk...no W R X to keep the cops from getting curious as well as thieves.

I'm Buggie for Bugeyes
Danielle
post #25 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 02:26 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Do a quick search on the STI swap and you will find out that there are quite a few things that you need which changes depending on the year of the donor car..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
post #26 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 07:46 PM
WRXpert

bigbadbuddha is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to bigbadbuddha Send a message via MSN to bigbadbuddha
Yo chase my bad I forgot to add the ROLFs.... You are lucky to get a car like that regardless of the tranny issue.... Dani spent alot of time on that car...

Big Jae -
JDM version 7 bugeye
post #27 of 30 Old 10-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Van
WRXtuners Member

Van is an unknown
what do you mean by drop here?
post #28 of 30 Old 10-10-2007, 11:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

Drop as in rev the engine to hell and 'sideslip' your foot off the clutch pedal...ie 'drop' as in wave Buh Bye to your gearbox as it explodes BAM!!!, breaks gears etc. because all 4 wheels strain to hook up and the weak OE transmission keels over dead and floats gently off into Subaru WRX Gearbox Heaven!Cry! waaaah

I'm Buggie for Bugeyes
Danielle
post #29 of 30 Old 10-11-2007, 12:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

darthsofearu is an unknown
quite a few (expensive) changes in deed!!!! also get a tranny jack... its not worth it to try and hold it on your shoulders, i mean u can but it may hurt(i know from experience)
post #30 of 30 Old 10-11-2007, 01:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

Uhhh I thing he's having the shop install it. For info sake Harbor Freight has a decent gearbox jack for dirty cheep

I'm Buggie for Bugeyes
Danielle