Subaru WRX Forum banner

My 02 is slipping. :(

4K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  pzr2874 
#1 ·
So after going Stage 2 my clutch started slipping so I reflashed back to Stage 1 until I can get it replaced. Took a short vid of it. Just started 2 weeks ago. Any advice of a replacement?

Subaru WRX 2002 slipping clutch. - YouTube

#7 ·
Well got her in the shop and getting the Perfection Clutch set installed. After getting the old clutch out apparently the clutch was so gone that the rivets started wearing into the flywheel so getting the flywheel resurfaced also. Should be back on the road by Monday.

#8 ·
You don't have any buddies around that would have helped?

Helped a friend of mine do his, yeah it took a good 9 hrs but we saved a ton of cash for BEEEEER. lol

Let us know how it turns out.

#12 ·
Its actually my Wife's friend's dad that doing it for me. He's been working on Subaru's for a while and repairs cars in his home garage. Sounds kind of like a backyard mechanic but I was very impressed with his garage being that he had a lift in it. So I doubt someone who invest that much into a backyard garage is a 1/2 a$$ mechanic. He was trying to get it done for me by the end of today but the flywheel set him back a bit.
He gonna do my timing belt for me also once I get the money up for it.

Once I get it back Ill post a video of results.

#17 ·
Got the Suby back today and man what a difference!
Clutch pedal is a little bit harder to push down but grabs right at the top.
I stalled it out twice so far it's like driving a whole different car.
Next step is getting the timing belt done.

#21 ·
Its actually the first time I went to him also so yeah I did kind of put all my eggs in one basket.
But the outcome was excellent and he only charged me $525 P&L so cant really complain.
He has worked on Suby's for some time and this was the first WRX he's worked on,he never knew how much power they have till he took it for a test run. ROFL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.