Missing clutch - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-23-2005, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Landholt is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Landholt
Question Missing clutch

2002 wrx with ACT street clutch installed about 3k ago, clutch was terrific, no problems with it till yesterday after a big snow, about a foot. As i came out the morning after driving around in the terrible weather for about the entire coarse of the storm, i let the car warm up till i could see out the windows to drive. As i was done goin around the block to get the snow off the car i was getting a large amount of free-play in the clutch, i could still disengage the clutch but the pedal traveled about half-way till there was the feeling of the clutches resistence. I thought nothing of it as the clutch was breaking in so i figured it was adjusting. After a nap, i came out, got up the hill and the clutch was disappearing everytime i pressed it. Now through trouble shooting and brains, we think the slave cylinder might have something to do with all this. SOOOO what im asking for is a diagram, some kind of blue-print, to show me what i need to look at, for, and where it is. I need this ASAP.

THANK U TUNERS!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-23-2005, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Landholt is an unknown
ok, now the fluid is low and there is signs of leaking, i think i want to bleed the clutch, HOW?
post #3 of 5 Old 01-27-2005, 02:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

AZ-Scoob is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to AZ-Scoob
if the fluid is low, and there is signs of leakage, you need to fix the leak, not bleed the clutch system. there are only a few places it can leak out from, the clutch master cyl. that would likely leak onto the carpet by the pedals, the clutch slave, that would leak onto the top of the trans, or the lines between the two. what usually happens is the new upgraded clutch had more clamping force, and the pedal is stiffer. the increase in pedal pressure can cause the seals in the clutch master or slave to blow out and start leaking.

[I]"Winners never quit, quitters never win, those that never win or quit are idiots."[/I]
post #4 of 5 Old 02-03-2005, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Landholt is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Scoob
if the fluid is low, and there is signs of leakage, you need to fix the leak, not bleed the clutch system. there are only a few places it can leak out from, the clutch master cyl. that would likely leak onto the carpet by the pedals, the clutch slave, that would leak onto the top of the trans, or the lines between the two. what usually happens is the new upgraded clutch had more clamping force, and the pedal is stiffer. the increase in pedal pressure can cause the seals in the clutch master or slave to blow out and start leaking.
Right on the money, pulled off the slave cylinder and pulled out the ram, sure enoguh there was a nice sized tear through one of the seals, tryed to the the slave through napa, wrong one. Tryed a friend at a Subie dealer, gave him the vin, pulled it up, will be here tomarrow. In the mean time the B.O.V. is not working, not thats its related but what would adjusting the bov do?
post #5 of 5 Old 02-03-2005, 08:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
However, since it is leaking, there will be air in there. Once you fix the leak, you will need to top off the system and bleed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement