Help with clutch or tranny? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-18-2010, 05:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Gobzlol is an unknown
Help with clutch or tranny?

I just got my 03 wrx, I was drifting in a empty parking lot, after about the 4th time around I heard something under me so I stopped, then when I went to put it in first all the car did was rev and barely move, I parked it and let it cool off, then when I went to start it again, all it did was rev and not move at all. I put it into first and let off the clutch and it doesnt even stall out, the same goes with all the other gears, all I hear when im in gear is a soft whisper coming from under the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-18-2010, 09:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Well yeah you could have done the clutch in, but more likely something in the transmission itself.

Can you at least shift into all the gears? If you can then your forks and syncro's are probably all fine.. Gears may be too, just effed your input shaft.

-Chris
#3 Old 07-18-2010, 09:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Gobzlol is an unknown
yea I can go into the gears just fine
#4 Old 02-23-2011, 12:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

joyces is an unknown
The same thing happens to my 2011 as well as the gearbox being broken already. However, I just picked up my car last week and am covered by the warranty. I haven't done anything like try to drift it or push it hard. Cant figure it out the problem though
#5 Old 05-02-2011, 04:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

rotheee is an unknown
Garage
i have the same problem now! excpet in my case the clutch has been slipping for the last two months reallyyyy bad. but ill take it on an occasional drive through town to just run the gas through it a bit, just granny driving it. but i didnt have my problem til now, when i went outside to ArmorAll the inside while its just sitting waiitng for me to get a new clutch, i was gonna go take it to the car wash to spray it off but it just wont go period now goes in each gear fine, but wont move an inch, wont die or anything. is there something on the tranny to engage or disengage it? other than the shifter
#6 Old 05-02-2011, 06:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Not totally sure what you're asking...

Behind the engine on the fork assembly there is a spring/lever type thing that needed flipped into place after I replaced mine.

Pretty sure that clutch just took a crap dude. Did you lose gears one at a time, 5 to 1? Or all at once?

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#7 Old 05-02-2011, 06:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
i had close to the same thing happen to me. i was able to go into all gears but when i release the clutch it acted like it tried to go but died. come to find out i blew out second gear.took the whole car apart and the clutch looked brand new. so ya i had to buy a new tranny.i hope in your case its something simple.
#8 Old 05-02-2011, 09:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

rotheee is an unknown
Garage
no they pretty much all went the same time, 2-5. first is pretty much fine. i just didnt know if something can come unhooked not letting the clutch to slip into gear..not sure if that makes sence to you.lol kinda like how some truck you have to lock in the hubs for 4-wheel drive. but for a tranny and clutch. but what i dont get i just drove it a few days ago, parked it again, then it wont do anything now.. i hope my tranny isnt shot
#9 Old 05-02-2011, 10:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Just that latch that I talked about, but that was only after re-installation. That definitely sounds like a clutch or tranny problem. Take it in and see...

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#10 Old 05-03-2011, 10:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

rotheee is an unknown
Garage
ok so this is weird, i got in my subi today started it up and put it in gear, and it moved... i didnt do anything or touch anything from the last time i tried... what is up with this?
#11 Old 05-04-2011, 04:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
did you check the fluid,in my case i was able to move it about 10 feet till it got "stuck" into gear again.how far did it move
#12 Old 06-16-2011, 11:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

rotheee is an unknown
Garage
i didnt try to move it far... just a few feet forward and then back to its spot. i think its just where the clutch is sooo bad that it doesnt move easily from where the e-brake has been engaged for a week or so. i notice it alot more on a hot day or when i let the car sit and run to burn the oil outta the exhaust til i get the new clutch put in. Which i have the newest version of Fidanza 2.1 V1 coming soonnnn cant wait
#13 Old 11-01-2011, 04:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

scoobyrex123 is an unknown
guys the same damn thing happened to me today!! i was driving home and then i downshifted from fourth to third, but i done it extra slow and easy, then i got on the gas and after about a 10 mph gain it just acted like it was in neutral. my tranny is built with PPG gears so i sure hope to god its not my tranny. it will go into every gear even reverse but it wont move and i hear a tiny bit of noise from under the car. can anyone tell me whats wronggggg??