Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain & Tranny (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f69/)
-   -   Help with clutch or tranny? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f69/help-clutch-tranny-29162/)

Gobzlol 07-18-2010 05:30 PM

Help with clutch or tranny?

I just got my 03 wrx, I was drifting in a empty parking lot, after about the 4th time around I heard something under me so I stopped, then when I went to put it in first all the car did was rev and barely move, I parked it and let it cool off, then when I went to start it again, all it did was rev and not move at all. I put it into first and let off the clutch and it doesnt even stall out, the same goes with all the other gears, all I hear when im in gear is a soft whisper coming from under the car.

RcrsWetDream 07-18-2010 09:16 PM

Well yeah you could have done the clutch in, but more likely something in the transmission itself.

Can you at least shift into all the gears? If you can then your forks and syncro's are probably all fine.. Gears may be too, just effed your input shaft.

Gobzlol 07-18-2010 09:36 PM

yea I can go into the gears just fine

joyces 02-23-2011 12:12 PM

The same thing happens to my 2011 as well as the gearbox being broken already. However, I just picked up my car last week and am covered by the warranty. I haven't done anything like try to drift it or push it hard. Cant figure it out the problem though

rotheee 05-02-2011 04:43 PM

i have the same problem now! :( excpet in my case the clutch has been slipping for the last two months reallyyyy bad. but ill take it on an occasional drive through town to just run the gas through it a bit, just granny driving it. but i didnt have my problem til now, when i went outside to ArmorAll the inside while its just sitting waiitng for me to get a new clutch, i was gonna go take it to the car wash to spray it off but it just wont go period now :( goes in each gear fine, but wont move an inch, wont die or anything. is there something on the tranny to engage or disengage it? other than the shifter

Chase 05-02-2011 06:29 PM

Not totally sure what you're asking...

Behind the engine on the fork assembly there is a spring/lever type thing that needed flipped into place after I replaced mine.

Pretty sure that clutch just took a crap dude. Did you lose gears one at a time, 5 to 1? Or all at once?

rex2002 05-02-2011 06:52 PM

i had close to the same thing happen to me. i was able to go into all gears but when i release the clutch it acted like it tried to go but died. come to find out i blew out second gear.took the whole car apart and the clutch looked brand new. so ya i had to buy a new tranny.i hope in your case its something simple.

rotheee 05-02-2011 09:18 PM

no they pretty much all went the same time, 2-5. first is pretty much fine. i just didnt know if something can come unhooked not letting the clutch to slip into gear..not sure if that makes sence to you.lol kinda like how some truck you have to lock in the hubs for 4-wheel drive. but for a tranny and clutch. but what i dont get i just drove it a few days ago, parked it again, then it wont do anything now.. i hope my tranny isnt shot :(

Chase 05-02-2011 10:02 PM

Just that latch that I talked about, but that was only after re-installation. That definitely sounds like a clutch or tranny problem. Take it in and see...

rotheee 05-03-2011 10:14 PM

ok so this is weird, i got in my subi today started it up and put it in gear, and it moved... i didnt do anything or touch anything from the last time i tried... what is up with this?

rex2002 05-04-2011 04:25 AM

did you check the fluid,in my case i was able to move it about 10 feet till it got "stuck" into gear again.how far did it move

rotheee 06-16-2011 11:54 AM

i didnt try to move it far... just a few feet forward and then back to its spot. i think its just where the clutch is sooo bad that it doesnt move easily from where the e-brake has been engaged for a week or so. i notice it alot more on a hot day or when i let the car sit and run to burn the oil outta the exhaust til i get the new clutch put in. Which i have the newest version of Fidanza 2.1 V1 coming soonnnn :) cant wait

scoobyrex123 11-01-2011 04:39 PM

guys the same damn thing happened to me today!! i was driving home and then i downshifted from fourth to third, but i done it extra slow and easy, then i got on the gas and after about a 10 mph gain it just acted like it was in neutral. my tranny is built with PPG gears so i sure hope to god its not my tranny. it will go into every gear even reverse but it wont move and i hear a tiny bit of noise from under the car. can anyone tell me whats wronggggg??