grinding gears.... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-30-2007, 07:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

eawrx714 is an unknown
grinding gears....

I recently have begun to hear almost like a rattling or grinding when I let my engine slow the car down. So it only happens when I lay off the gas and let the rpm's wind down. I do not I was thinking I needed to change out my transmission gear lube but I am hoping it is not something worse. I own an 04 wrx wagon. The modifications to the engine are, a CAI, custom turbo back exhaust and cobb stage 2 tuning. I have a relatively new clutch and fly wheel as well, although the clutch is an OEM replacement. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-30-2007, 09:01 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Check the oil level and then change the tranny oil out and see what happens.When i changed mine for the first time i found some gear teeth and stuff floating around in it.It kinda sounds like a throw out bearing maybe.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#3 Old 10-30-2007, 10:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

eawrx714 is an unknown
Thanks for the Reply, I was leaning towards what you suggested. Do you think it could be anything more serious? The car is running great otherwise.