Subaru WRX Forum banner

Foreign Tranny Swap

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kspec 
#1 ·
Hello wrx friends, saluting you from a very distant country (Honduras) please help me with a lot of issues I have. To start with, you guys are the only hope I got since in this country I'm the only one with a WRX (that should tell you a thing or two about this country) I own a 2006 WRX (world-spread spec vehicle made in Japan) that I'm trying to swap the tranny for a 6 Speed sti mt, well at least I have some pics now so you guys can help me; got the sti transmission from a wrecked sti (pain in the a## removing that thing) also the front axles and the rear diff with the rear axles too, the linkage and the clutch kit; the sti ecu with the turboxs utec and some 800 cc injectors everything for believe it or not $500.00, what can I say the kid has money so he doesn't care for money, his dad as a punishment for wrecking the sti gave him a porsche 911 Turbo :suicide: Oh well, continuing with my humble life, I have some issues with this tranny swap:
My car is a wold-spread spec vehicle, will it fit the us sti tranny? And will it work fine? Can I use the front and rear axles of my WRX? the sti's leak oil.
I have some doubts of the linkage, I think it suffered some damage, I'm also changing the tranny oil, what would be the best to use? Of the clutch kit have some issues also, well the flywheel is a Fidanza 9.5 pounds flywheel which I really like and would keep, the pressure plate is an ACT which also like to keep, but the clutch disk is pretty messed up but would really like to buy just this piece but everywhere I look (by this I mean webpages since in this country we don't have anything but internet) they only sell the whole kit and I'm looking just for the clutch disk; the disk is an Exedy FJD028U, please help me find just this piece (if you could give me the link, would be great).

This pics show the linkage (which would really appreciate that you tell me if I can use it or if it is bent) the ACT pressure plate, Exedy Clutch Disk and the Fidanza Flywheel, tell me what do you think about this parts.

See less See more
#2 ·
you wont be able to run the utec or sti ecu unless you swap the sti motor in also. if you can still get a hold of it that would be a wicked swap. you cant use the wrx axels the length is wrong. the pics didnt show up.

#3 ·
Ok thanks for the info and sorry I forgot I didn't attach the pics, my bad; as to the axels, I guess I'm going with the sti's although they are leaking oil through both of the joints of the tranny (don't know what they are called, sorry) but is everything else ok? Also would really like if you can send me the link where to buy the exedy clutch disk unit not the kit, now I'm sending the pics so you can tell me if everything is ok. And what about the other things I mentioned? Is everything ok? And as to the sti engine, I know that would be a killer swap, but it is pretty messed up so better stick with the ej255 of the rex.

Attachments

#4 ·
Well you can get a new inner ring for the flywheel from Fidanza. As for that clutch I think its toast. The disk looks in bad shape and that pressure plate looks like it has lots of hot spots. You can also see how the disc has got hot and turned the metal blue around the spings. Will it all work? well yes but how long will it last. Thats the real question. If I were you I would wait till I had a new pressure plate, bearing, disc and new ring till I put this in. Also That disc looks like a Kevlar disc. Kevlar is strong and grips well but from my understanding does not hold up to heat and slipping too well. And that one looks like its been abused. That just what I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.