Subaru WRX Forum banner

exedy clutch owners

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Solice 
#1 ·
I was just trying to get an opinion on exedy clutches off ebay? My clutch is slipping pretty bad now and i have to replace it soon so i figured i would just ask to see how they were. I was going to get a stock subaru clutch but somebody mentioned these. Thanks for all the help.

#4 ·
Well, to be honest, if you need instructions, you don't need to be attempting it yourself. It's a lot of work, and you need a lift. I have seen it done more times than I care to remember, and it takes a friend of mine (who is an ASE certified master mechanic) every bit of a day to do it. And that's working non-stop.

You are better off saving up and having a shop do it.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

#8 ·
I can replace the clutch in my car on my lunch hour, however if you haven't taken your tranny out a million times like me then it will probably take you several days. (and the throwout bearing will whoop your a$$ if you dont know what you are doing) I would suggest letting someone else blow out their back doing the clutch, save you some grief too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.