clutch woes - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 03-26-2008, 01:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subie Gal is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subistrong View Post
i got mondo clutch slip on my car looking 2 get a new one only have turbo back exhaust on my 06 wrx any suggestions
OEM should do you just fine....

seriously . oem clutch is Exedy and is fine with the mods you have.

Jamie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 03-26-2008, 01:20 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
The saying is stock tranny=stock clutch. Its more than enough and fine for what you have.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#18 Old 03-26-2008, 11:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subistrong is an unknown
thanks much! getting it asap
#19 Old 03-28-2008, 03:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

Subistrong is an unknown
warranty?

Quote:
thanks much! getting it asap
now before i buy a new clutch myself... what are the chances of getting it changed uder warranty by subaru? bought the car with 18k miles has 30 now clutch is done for already... im not gonna say i baby it all the time but i do keep it under wraps as much as possible. i feel like this shouldnt have gone out yet...
#20 Old 03-28-2008, 10:27 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
slim but possible

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#21 Old 03-28-2008, 12:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

michael_2852 is an unknown
Doesnt hurt to try. I say take it in and tell em whats going on. Maybe who ever had it before drove it hard all the time...... Oh im new here by the way guys....... Hi!

08 Subaru WRX bought it Feb. 16 2008.... my first Subaru and previrously owned a 03 Lancer OZ
#22 Old 03-28-2008, 02:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subistrong is an unknown
will my turboback void warranty?
#23 Old 03-28-2008, 02:49 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
will my turboback void warranty?
that's a complicated question that's best answered by no, yes, no, and maybe. I'd use the search button to pull up more results but the short of it is that it's really not that simple to answer.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#24 Old 03-29-2008, 04:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subistrong is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
that's a complicated question that's best answered by no, yes, no, and maybe. I'd use the search button to pull up more results but the short of it is that it's really not that simple to answer.
yea i figured it was a toss up. but i called subaru and they told me it was under warranty depending whats wrong with it... so it goes in wed for them 2 look at and figure out whats what. im crossing my fingers and i hope they understand the fact that the previous owner could have raild the shit outa the car before i bought it. we will see what goes on if they dont replace the clutch they are gonna have 2 replace my already warped roators.... yea i know idk how the hell that happend but not cool. thanks for the help guys crossin my fingers on this one.
#25 Old 03-30-2008, 06:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Gucci Maine is on thin ice
is i happening in the higher gears or is it working its way through all of them?
#26 Old 03-30-2008, 09:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subistrong is an unknown
as soon as i get on it the rpms shoot up and car gradually accelerates and the rps will hold at 6 or 5 (guessing). it seems realllly odd. i havent been able 2 really get on it with the exhaust because of the slipping problem... whenever i feel or see that i am pushing 2 hard or see the rpms shoot i let off. it does it in almost all gears.... 1st isnt that bad... yet i dont ever can it in 1st anyway so idk if it would do the rpm thing but as far as 2nd and on up it doesnt matter if im cruising or gettin on it fast... if i dip my foot down farther than my normal daily driving it will slip and rpms will shoot up. like i have said before i do drive my car hard everyonce and a while but i dont fly around looking for tickets. i also have had my car since august 2007 so i have had it for winter most the time so i dont see how i could have been so abusive on a clutch in the winter... id loose traction.... idk im confused how this is happining already but i hope they see where im coming from.
#27 Old 04-03-2008, 12:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subistrong is an unknown
36000 mile warranty coverd it. should hopefully get it back late today
#28 Old 04-03-2008, 02:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

motoxfreak is an unknown
thats always good. When my car was stock and my clutch went they wouldnt cover it. Still don't know why.
#29 Old 04-03-2008, 08:37 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Thats really good to hear. Glad they didnt give you a hard time over it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#30 Old 10-07-2008, 07:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

spraxs73 is an unknown
I know its a little late in the game, but just so everyone knows what I went through. My clutch started slipping when i was driving to amarillo the other day from Houston, at 26k miles on the car it proceeded to completely fail about and hour later after i noticed the problem. I had my STI hauled to the Subaru dealership, they told me the warranty does not cover it, my extended warranty does not cover it. It is considered to be a part that is designed to wear out evidently. I just had APS 3.5 inch turboback exhaust installed and a front mount Perrin I/C installed. I cant think that either of these would cause a clutch to fail. After talking to the repair guy he told me that the clutch could last 120k miles or 20k miles, it just depends on how you drive it. I asked him about installing an aftermarket kit and he said he wouldnt recommend it. So to finish it off he did tell me the price for fixing it and its 1550.00 but that includes a new flywheel, evidently i destroyed mine, but I guess that beats a new transmission. By the way my STI was taken to Automax Subaru, in Norman Oklahoma.