Clutch problems? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-14-2005, 05:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Unicron is an unknown
Clutch problems?

I'm running into a problem, and it's really worrying me. Whenever I accelerate, be it any gear, when I lay on the gas to get a good acceleration going, the rpms shoot up but the car really doesn't "pull" like it used to. After a second or two, the car starts pulling again and the rpms fall back down. Any idea what this could be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-15-2005, 07:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Sounds like it's time for a clutch.
#3 Old 02-15-2005, 08:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

Rain_Racer is an unknown
I have been trying to draw a correlation to the slipping clutch and the "04 Squeek"

Did your clutch pedal squeek when you pushed it down? Did it stop squeeking when your clutch started slipping?

so far 3 other people I know had the squeekey clutch then the slipping clutch BEFORE they hit 20,000 miles. Some had track time on their car (like me) some didn't

FYI this happened to me at 17000 miles I took it REALLY easy for about a week (trying to limp through a week so I could get it to Subaru on saturday for some warrenty work) by saturday the clutch worked just fine... I could not get it to slip for the mechanic.

I am at 20,000 miles now and it still pulls hard and has not slipped since that week... but it squeeks again.

I have been putting off taking it in, but I am gonna take it this saturday
#4 Old 03-01-2005, 08:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

hemi2wrx is an unknown
squeekey clutch

What is the story with this squeeky clutch? I just got my wrx and have heard the clutch squeeking. I was going to let the dealership know when I bring it in at 3,000 miles. I only have 1500 miles on it now and am just starting to get comfortable with the car. I haven't really gotten on it too much(thank you snow!!)yet!! I don't want to lose a clutch quite yet either.. If anyone can elaborate on this problem it would be great.
#5 Old 03-03-2005, 12:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

Azerpmi is an unknown
i had the same problem when i owned an integra. in about a month your car will not move anymore and youll be stuck in someones yard so your not in the middle of the road. ok mabye not the yard part but seriosly, get that clutch looked at