Subaru WRX Forum banner

Clutch problem

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  hipo_wrx 
#1 ·
I hope ya'll can help me with this. Sometimes when I put the car in 1st it grinds. It does the same thing when I put it in reverse. It's pissing me off because I just bought the car brand new 5 months ago. Is this normal for subarus or do I have a problem that I need to take care of?

#3 ·
I know if the car is even barely moving, it will grind in reverse. It's some saftey thing they added I read somewhere. I know first doesn't want to go in gear when I'm moving, but I just hold it there for a second or 2, and it'll finally fall into gear.... No grinding unless my clutch is partically engaged.

#8 ·
hipo_wrx said:
basically im going to tell you to double clutch first gear

Thats what I do and it seems to go into 1st a lot easier. Also, if I'm having a hard time getting it into reverse I noticed that if you put it into 1st and then reverse it will go right in. I don't know if its a case of crappy syncro's or what but hope that works for ya !Thumbs Up .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.