Subaru WRX Forum banner

Which Clutch????

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  BlueXtreme 
#1 ·
hey everyone,

the clutch on my 02 wrx got fried today and now my beautiful turbo charged all wheel drive speed machine is sitting parked in front of my house !Cry! Well its time for me to get a new clutch. I'm looking at ordering a clutch online as soon as possible, i was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to which clutch would be the best? i was looking at ACT but i dont have the slightest clue as to which one i should get. I was looking at the 4 puck but i dont know if that would be good for the city. Anyway, please post some suggestions and let me know if there is anything that would be good for my car and would get me back on the streets so i could make those integras and civics look like idiots again. I can feel them mocking me already.

#11 ·
actually Daiken a subsidiary of Exedy makes the clutches for our cars, I highly recommend using the same clutch you just burned out, unless of course you want to throw in a stage II and blow your tranny... either way. Also if you burned the clutch out, Make sure you either grind down the flywheel, or replace it! Im running the Daiken (Exedy) 1/2 stage which is a 1/2 stage up from oem. However I also don't care about my tranny..... My doggy is on the way >=o) !Thumbs Up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.