clutch - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 10-15-2011, 09:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

jokerzta is an unknown
well clutch and new flywheel are in. Taking it easy on it for a while. Had to get used to at first , got it down after a few miles real responsive. Will let you know after a few 1000. Now I have to talk to a guy about some 225 / 45 /17 he cant use
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 10-15-2011, 02:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Oh...he must have leprechauns in his transfer case, about 10 lucky rabbits feet hanging from his rearview mirror, and fills his transmission with the blood of christ. But the: blood, sweat, tears, hopes, and dreams are all coming together to keep his transmission together right now.
Heeeeyyyyy....Do you really mean all that???? How did I not see this thread before??

Quote:
Originally Posted by man show
Keith's gears = an anomaly
Yeah I have had a number of people go how does that thing not just assplode? Truth be told I honestly think they are done it's just waiting for that moment when I truly don't need them to come apart, like merging on to a highway or trying to get to the hospital...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#18 Old 10-15-2011, 03:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
That sucks. Mine went out too lucky i still have warranty. Try havin clutch go and the syncronizers too mine should b back home next week. I guess thats what happens when u buy used & ppl destroy it before u
#19 Old 10-15-2011, 09:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Heeeeyyyyy....Do you really mean all that???? How did I not see this thread before??
I was wondering how long it'd take you to find that !Laugh!

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#20 Old 10-17-2011, 10:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

BoostinChick is a helpful contributing member
Garage
What flywheel did you go with? I stuck to stock and just got it resurfaced based on the numerous threads about CEL's and chatter.

- Sandra
2007 WRX TR | Stage 2 | PAR Gearset (Built by AndrewTech)
#21 Old 10-17-2011, 01:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

jokerzta is an unknown
I stuck to the stock , u kept hearing about the rattle on here.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
#22 Old 10-17-2011, 03:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Stock or Streetlite is a good flywheel to go with.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#23 Old 10-17-2011, 08:08 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
With my streetlite and stg 3 clutch I get alot of shatter when paying close attention to pulling out. But oh well, after almost a year Im used to it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#24 Old 10-17-2011, 08:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
I run stock flywheel since I run a LWCP it's a good bet not to run a lightened flywheel....Then again who am I to say...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#25 Old 10-17-2011, 08:15 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Idk, I have seen many subies running them with no ill effect, me to be included. I have never had an issue but the chattering. If you can deal with it, I dont feel it a bad thing. But then again, anyone want to ride in a loud car, come ride with me. The quietest part is my exhaust, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#26 Old 10-17-2011, 08:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

Running both a lightened crank pulley and a lighten flywheel?

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#27 Old 10-17-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Running both a lightened crank pulley and a lighten flywheel?
My apologies, I dont run a lightened crank pulley, yet. But yes I have seen both ran with no ill effect. Of course I dont know if CELs were deleted for them or not.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#28 Old 10-17-2011, 08:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hmmmmm....I was always under the belief that it wasn't a good idea. Well I suppose in theory it would just be a lighter rotational weight and should work.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#29 Old 10-17-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Hmmmmm....I was always under the belief that it wasn't a good idea. Well I suppose in theory it would just be a lighter rotational weight and should work.
OT, but I have to say I was always under the belief that the earlier transmissions werent that tough either, lol.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#30 Old 10-17-2011, 08:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well I know of a few people that have suffered a higher rate of stalls using both pieces lightened. Also at the less amount of inertia could cause A/F spikes since the ECU has to make a quicker correction with the faster revving ability of the engine. I suppose you could tune that out, but I'm not to sure that would be the only issue. I'd be willing to put money on boosting issues as well. Something for me to research while at work tomorrow...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...