Subaru WRX Forum banner

Broken Tranny

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  shamrock 
#1 ·
i was driving home from school and made a turn on to a street a block from my house and i got on it a little and went to put it into 2nd gear and it wasnt going. so i pulled over and turned my car off and than turned it back on (because sometimes my cars cuts off and it wont let me in gear) so i turned the car on and i put the car in first and went towards my house and tried 2nd gear again and it wasnt working. but i made it home

when i got home i proceeded to curse and yell and scream and than i got back in the car and put my foot all the way down on the clutch and try all the gears to see what was up and than i found out tha first gear didnt work.

soooooo

it does not go into 1st or 2nd but goes into every other gear.

so its obviously my transmission
and i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on making my new transmission stronger as far as gears and clutch and all that jazz please let me know.

thanks
______slvrwrx

See less See more
#5 ·
the RA ratios are terrible. they make your car slower and the gains in strength are not worth the cost.
1-4ppg INSTALLED is 4500 and you will NEVER break them and the ratios are much better therefore making you faster.

6 speed swap costs about 6-7k

#6 ·
WRXKidid775 said:
the RA ratios are terrible. they make your car slower and the gains in strength are not worth the cost.
1-4ppg INSTALLED is 4500 and you will NEVER break them and the ratios are much better therefore making you faster.

6 speed swap costs about 6-7k
$4500 is just to get the gear set from Andrew Tech I thought:confused:
Is your car still under warranty?

#7 ·
how much do the ppg gears cost just by them selfs, including 5th? i installed the 6ra my self, and my car is much quicker from 3rd to 5th gear. i am finally able to get my car in 5th on the tracks, such as button willow. they stay this gear set can handle 350-375hp. i would rather sacrifice some strengh then the noise those ppg's make.

#8 ·
get helicul cut ppgs and they wont make the noise. theres no reason to replace 5th, youl never put enough torque on the gear to break it. hit up mxboy15u about the ppgs he has them. he just got them ~ a month ago.

#11 ·
If the straight can handle 500hp+ the helicle should be able to handle around 450 hp with no issue. You should get 1-2straight and 3-4 helicle. That way you can beat the helll out of 1/2 and still have a very very strong 3/4. I believe the wewb site is andrewtech.com. But send MXboy a pm for further info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.