Blew my 07' trans...maybe start a club? - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 10-09-2011, 02:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
I'd pay a visit...seriously. I'm the annoying ass customer at CBRD that shows up weekly to see progress if I know any new part is in or it should be coming together soon. Its how I provide you guys with pictures and I get clear cut answers to what is going on. I'm sure it puts a foot in there ass too, but hey...they've grown to really love me at CBRD because I don't bust anyone's balls and am not a prick. I just like to see progress and I can talk cars to them. So, it keeps the wheel turning and I grew a rapport with Mark and Chad.
Ya chad is cool as hell. Spent around 12 hrs with him while he tuned my bros evo and he told me ### to do with the wrx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 10-10-2011, 08:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
Yeah, I'd swing by frequently to check things out in person, but it's a good hour or so drive from where I live and I need to watch how many miles I put on my rental car to avoid extra fees. Working 6 days a week with a decently long commute doesn't help my cause. I've also heard horror stories about places fing up annoying customers' cars, so I'm trying to avoid that too. Honestly, I'm not sure exactly when the gears were ordered. I've been told several different things by two different people. During my last email conversation, I was told that a set of gears have, indeed, been ordered specifically for my car and that it shouldn't be much longer. I've been pretty patient so far, but I'm not sure how much longer I can last.
I'm patient and not a ass by any means. I hear you though...that does suck that you can't show up. CBRD is pretty laid back and they don't care if you cross the belted off area and take a look at things if they know you. I don't rush them and if they say they're sorry for it taking a while. I always tell them that is fine and I expect some problems to arise from time to time. Like I said, if you get to know the people working there and your not Joe the jack@ss. Then they will know your not there to bust their balls and they will know you just like to see what is going on from time to time. A good customer and tuner relationship never hurts if both parties are willing to come together as a team to improve the experience and end result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzanic View Post
Ya chad is cool as hell. Spent around 12 hrs with him while he tuned my bros evo and he told me ### to do with the wrx
Unfortunately, I've done more business with Chad then most customers. But, believe when I say its a welcoming environment and Chad will tell you from his experience what has and what has not worked for him. So, he's not going to bullshit you just to sell a product. But, in the same token he'll work with you if you want to ignore his advice and do things your way. I've even taken rides with Chad in other people's car that he is working on. So, I think it's pretty easy to see why I continue to do business with him.

I'm glad to hear you've had a simular experience with him. Sorry to hear about your car though.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#33 Old 10-17-2011, 10:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

BoostinChick is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Got the call from AndrewTech that my trans is officially done! Now am I anxiously awaiting the call from the freight shipping courier to schedule a time to drop it off. It should be 1-business day according to them. They really did me a favor and covered the cost of shipping due to the number of issues they ran into between customs and certain parts (Just over 1-month of me being off the road). I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a rebuild whether it be stock or for a built trans based on the customer service alone.

Will update you guys when I get it back up and running!

- Sandra
2007 WRX TR | Stage 2 | PAR Gearset (Built by AndrewTech)
#34 Old 10-17-2011, 12:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^ Beats Man-Shows downtime 1000000%

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#35 Old 10-17-2011, 03:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Paul: Sandra gets to be the gineau pig on the PAR gears. LOL. I really hope they are what they say they are.

Sandra: Congrats on getting it back. Let us know how they gears work out for you. Inquiring minds want to know.

Kirt
#36 Old 10-17-2011, 06:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Haha, no problem! Since I have a new clutch and all, won't be pushing it right away. As I mentioned before, the 1-year warranty is what helps put my mind at ease.

- Sandra
#37 Old 10-18-2011, 09:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
^ Beats Man-Shows downtime 1000000%
I think you're missing a few 0's there buddy !Notfunny!

4 months, 3 weeks, and counting...

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#38 Old 10-18-2011, 10:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^poor thing.... hahahhaha

Kinda makes you wonder how long it would have taken YOU personally to send the tranny off after you got the gears.

I give you props for your patience... I would have been serving time right about now.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#39 Old 10-18-2011, 01:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
No kidding! I was calling AndrewTech every other day wanting an update. Thank goodness they were patient with my impatience. If I lived closer, I probably would have showed up randomly as well. Just got the call today from the freight courier! Should be here tomorrow, I will be sure to take some pics, but not like you will be able to see the inside or anything.

- Sandra
#40 Old 10-18-2011, 01:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well, with the warranty and Andrewtech's rep. I wouldn't be that worried with what it looks like inside.

Kirt
#41 Old 10-22-2011, 01:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
so, installing everything back now and had a question. When all the bolts are on bell housing the clutch fork does not budge. Its pushed all the way forward which means the clutch is engaged. Shouldn't I be able to push it towards the back of the car?

- Sandra
#42 Old 10-22-2011, 02:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I thought the 07 was also a push style so you should only be able to push it forward (disengaged), back means engaged.

Definitely confirm that but I'm pretty sure.

-Chris
#43 Old 10-22-2011, 03:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Yes, the 07 is a push style. But the pivot fork is pushed all the way forward and will not push back with me manually pushing.

EDIT: Figured it out. I re-installed the slave cylinder and pushed the clutch down, and voila! The pivot fork pushes back. I guess I am weaksauce

Now to figure out how to get the axles back in...

- Sandra

Last edited by BoostinChick; 10-22-2011 at 05:40 PM.
#44 Old 10-23-2011, 06:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
I am back on the road!

Here are some pics from the install day. Had to rig up a thinga-ma-jigger to keep the trans somewhat level as we lifted it back into place -
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...d/IMG_1095.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...d/IMG_1097.jpg

After a month being in the garage collection dust, needed a bath -
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...34752998_n.jpg

- Sandra
#45 Old 10-23-2011, 07:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
The thinga-ma-jigger is called a ratchet strap and a piece of wood....lol Congrats on getting it back on the road.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...