Blew my 07' trans...maybe start a club? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 120 Old 09-23-2011, 06:10 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Numbers are numbers. Just saying, dyno, ratings, etc. I know my old shop in WA swears by only PPG. But of course thats all they put in customers cars. Never of all the guys I knew up there ever had one issue with the gears (synchros and forks a different story). I have seen them on 500HP+ WRXs and GC frames at drags and drive home. Im just throwing out my experience and thoughts. Any of the three are better than stock, and thats what matters.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 120 Old 09-23-2011, 10:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
True any of the three mentioned are what someone should consider if they are going for some big power. Albins, PAR, or PPGs and stimulate the Aussie economy lol. I'm glad that Sandra educates me in transmissions....they are not where I focus my research. 6 spd

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae

Last edited by turmic; 09-24-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: :p
post #18 of 120 Old 09-24-2011, 10:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
@ Sandra = I was fairly close to home when mine broke, but that didn't really matter. As soon as I downshifted from 5th, I couldn't get into any gear so I just coasted to a stop on the side of the road. Luckily, it was around a really wide on-ramp... could have been much worse. But yeah, I almost cried too when everything finally sank in.

@ Joshua = I'm in the same boat since IAG swears by only Albins and that's what I'm stuck with, which probably isn't such a bad thing. As soon as I mentioned PPG gears, they were quick to steer me toward Albins since they claim to have seen a number of broken PPG gears. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. It's funny though, IAG's website still advertises "Transmission Gear Upgrades PPG & RA – (All boxes built & warrantied by Andrewtech Automotive)" under Performance Transmission Services. It's interesting that neither of those options were presented to me.

@ Kirt = Albins has an s at the end! Get it right or pay the price

John
07 WRX
post #19 of 120 Old 09-27-2011, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BoostinChick is a helpful contributing member
Garage
My gears came in! I am so stoked! Hoping the guys @ AndrewTech remember to snap lots of pics for me to compare OEM gear set vs. PAR and the whole install process. Hoping to have my transmission back either this week or next. Will update you guys (with whatever pics I can - of course) when I know more!

- Sandra
2007 WRX TR | Stage 2 | PAR Gearset (Built by AndrewTech)
post #20 of 120 Old 09-27-2011, 11:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Congrats....we all are anxiously waiting. lol

Kirt
post #21 of 120 Old 10-05-2011, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BoostinChick is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Here are some teasers of the PAR gear set that Sam @ AndrewTech sent -
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...95/photo_1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...95/photo_2.jpg

...now I am impatiently waiting on the actual rebuild and a nice, big package from the UPS man.

- Sandra
2007 WRX TR | Stage 2 | PAR Gearset (Built by AndrewTech)
post #22 of 120 Old 10-05-2011, 11:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Looks nice, I finally got my car back. Yay!!

Kirt
post #23 of 120 Old 10-06-2011, 12:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
^ Jealous of you.

^^ Jealous of you.

<-- Sad about my own situation, but happy for both of you.

John
07 WRX
post #24 of 120 Old 10-06-2011, 11:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

You'll be a happy little monkey once you get the Albins in the car.

Kirt
post #25 of 120 Old 10-06-2011, 11:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

^ IF* I ever get them in my car

John
07 WRX
post #26 of 120 Old 10-06-2011, 11:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

Whats the hold up now?

Kirt
post #27 of 120 Old 10-07-2011, 07:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

Not really sure. I've been emailing them lately instead of calling because it seemed like every time I called, they were too busy to talk. In the emails, they keep apologizing for the hold up, but they're not giving me any specific reason(s) as to why it's taking so long. It's been 4 months and 1 week now...

John
07 WRX
post #28 of 120 Old 10-07-2011, 11:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
That's a bit much.

But how much time has elapsed since they rec'd the gears ?

Basically, how much time have they been working on getting the gears in and bolted the tranny back up.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #29 of 120 Old 10-07-2011, 10:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

I'd pay a visit...seriously. I'm the annoying ass customer at CBRD that shows up weekly to see progress if I know any new part is in or it should be coming together soon. Its how I provide you guys with pictures and I get clear cut answers to what is going on. I'm sure it puts a foot in there ass too, but hey...they've grown to really love me at CBRD because I don't bust anyone's balls and am not a prick. I just like to see progress and I can talk cars to them. So, it keeps the wheel turning and I grew a rapport with Mark and Chad.

Kirt
post #30 of 120 Old 10-09-2011, 12:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah, I'd swing by frequently to check things out in person, but it's a good hour or so drive from where I live and I need to watch how many miles I put on my rental car to avoid extra fees. Working 6 days a week with a decently long commute doesn't help my cause. I've also heard horror stories about places fing up annoying customers' cars, so I'm trying to avoid that too. Honestly, I'm not sure exactly when the gears were ordered. I've been told several different things by two different people. During my last email conversation, I was told that a set of gears have, indeed, been ordered specifically for my car and that it shouldn't be much longer. I've been pretty patient so far, but I'm not sure how much longer I can last.

John
07 WRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement