Join Date: Sep 2011
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Subaru 5MT 650hp Synchromesh Engagement - $3,850 AUD (plus GST)
With the advancements in engine tuning technology and increases of modified vehicle's engine outputs rising quickly in power and torque, it became apparent that a new revised gearset would be needed to fulfill the requirement of massive torque capacity, low NVH levels and ease of use for street driven vehicles.
Given a blank sheet to work from, the design and production teams at PAR have used the very latest in design and production technology, techniques and experience to produce a gearset of immense strength and refinement. Boasting the widest gears available to date with 4mm, 3.2mm and 2mm wider gears for 2nd, 3rd and 4th speeds respectively and the refinement of the tried and proven 450bhp 5MT gearset, the new 650bhp 5MT gearset is second to none.
- Rated to 650bhp
- Large optimised tooth profiles for every gear to provide maximum strength and reliability
- Straight cut 1st gear for minimal thrust loads when launching at full power. This protects the thrust bearings supporting the transmission shafts from the shock loads experienced during hard launches, especially when using puck type and multi-plate/rigid centre clutch assemblies.
- Inclusion of new billet 3rd/4th gear hub (OEM sintered metal hub fractures under large torque applications)
- Needle roller bearings used for 3rd, 4th and 5th gears to maximise efficiency and reliability
- Gearset is a direct fitment into the standard factory transmission
- Addition of an uprated synchromesh engagement 5th gear available for customers with high speed applications
- Synchromesh engagement, helical cut gears (2nd~4th, 1st gear is straight cut)
- Synchromesh engagement, straight cut gears (1st~4th)
- Optional synchromesh engagement, helical cut 5th gear
- 1st: 3.18
- 2nd: 1.92
- 3rd: 1.35
- 4th: 0.97
- 5th: 0.73, 0.82, 0.88, 0.92 (Optional $640 AUD (plus GST))
Utilising the stock 5th gear, this set increases the power transfer of 1st to 4th gear significantly whilst delivering factory type driveability combined with quiet operation.
PPG manufacture billet selector forks and front LSD's that complement this product as further options
Horsepower Rating: 400 hp
Sweet pics, but my damage was worse than your damage - nana nana na naaa
When I heard the crunching sound, I knew what it was, got pissed, and kept the pedal to the metal through two gears. If they're gonna break, damn it, they're gonna break bad!
I also now have a new respect for PAR gears.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|