Subaru WRX Forum banner

2013 wrx audible clicking inside cabin

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  the RIOT act 
#1 ·
I Started my WRX up this morning, and I hear an audible clicking inside the passenger compartment while Im moving. The clicking speeds up with the speed of the car. at first i thought it was coming from the transmission tunnel, but it is definitely coming from the the right wheel area. When I turn the wheel to the left the clicking becomes louder.

I think its my CV AXle. I havent looked yet, i just have a feeling that is what it is.

ANy ideas of something else it could be.

Also, what would cause this, my car has less than 12000 miles on it and i haven't beat on it much, if at all.

#2 ·
take a look for foreign matter down there, I once hade a mattress spring wrapped around my axel made the weirdest noise only when I turned right. If everything looks kosher take it in, your well within your warrenty and they may be as simple as re-lubricating the joints.

#4 ·
You shouldn't have an issue. If your profile is up to date with no major performance parts as it says, you shouldn't have an issue. If they say it's not covered, find out the problem at least from then and do it yourself if you feel you're capable.

#5 ·
It wasnt, but it is now. I think I found the Problem though.

Every time I turned the wheel I kept compressing the snow and ice. I have it sitting in a heated building for the next few hours to hopefully remedy this problem.

#10 ·
Trust me, Illinois isnt far behind in taxes... but my WRX is parked outside 95% of the time. the only time it is inside is when im either washing it or trying to let it thaw out so I can work on it. We have a 30000 square foot warehouse for stock that we have the thermostat set for 70 degrees, but it never gets warmer than 54 degrees in the winter.

A few weeks ago when the temperature was -19, I let it sit inside the building for 3 hours before trying to clean my interior. My attempts were futile because the inside temp of the car was still well below freezing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.