2011 WRX Kartboy Rear Bushing Help - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-03-2011, 04:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

ilganeli is an unknown
2011 WRX Kartboy Rear Bushing Help

Hey all,
Just got through installing my front Kartboy bushings on my 2011 WRX (and trying to install the rear bushings) . Front bushings went in without an ounce of trouble, I was able to figure out everything (just needed to slide the heat shield off). However, no matter how I tried (and I tried for about 3 hours), I couldn't get both bolts through the Kartboy rear bushing. The bolt angle for the stock bushing is something like 10 degrees off vertical but the Kartboy is vertical so the bolts just wouldn't mesh.

Has anyone run into this and/or resolved this? If I can get a clear answer, I'll probably run through it again next week to get the rear bushings on. Please let me know if anyone has seen/solved this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-04-2011, 11:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Drill out the hole on the KB bushing a little bit... I had the same issue with mine and was able to eventually get enough threads in it that it tightened, but I bet if I drilled the hole out a bit it would have worked.

-Chris