'12 clutch release sound while cold - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-23-2013, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

acasey is an unknown
'12 clutch release sound while cold

Hey guys,

I have a 2012 wrx and the other day I noticed that while releasing the clutch pedal a consistent ERR sound was able to be heard. Anywhere in the pedal release travel, not just clutch engagement point. Also it started getting to be fall around here and there has been a temperature drop. I only hear it for the first stop light or 2. I am thinking about a clutch line bleed. Car has about 15k miles and is stock, never launched or abused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Sounds like a throw out bearing to me man. Get that one to the dealer ASAP. That's very premature for such a problem, but that's what it is by the sounds of it.

You drive with your foot on the clutch pedal all the time? Hold the clutch in while sitting at a stop with the car still in gear rather than no clutch and neutral?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
post #3 of 4 Old 09-23-2013, 05:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Haw1es is more helpful than not
Garage
I noticed the same thing on my 2010. Makes an odd hissing-ish noise when fully depressed. I've noticed it does it after it rains and when its a little colder in the morning. I have an apt to get a rear strut replaced at the dealer so I'll have them look at it then.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-25-2013, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

acasey is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by the RIOT act View Post
Sounds like a throw out bearing to me man. Get that one to the dealer ASAP. That's very premature for such a problem, but that's what it is by the sounds of it.

You drive with your foot on the clutch pedal all the time? Hold the clutch in while sitting at a stop with the car still in gear rather than no clutch and neutral?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I will call them and see. I'm sure they will not be able to hear what I hear but at least they can document my concern and check it out.

I do not think I ride the clutch or hold it in at stops. I occassionaly drive my dsm with an act 2600 which makes the pedal super heavy and I hate holding that thing in, I believe the habit has carried over.