Subaru WRX Forum banner

'11 WRX stuck in reverse

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MR_WRX 
#1 ·
So i'm already on my second clutch in my WRX and today it decided not to come out of reverse after I reversed up a hill. It's just stuck in reverse and the engine still runs. The clutch still moves normally and I tried pressing the clutch in several times to try to get it out of reverse but it wouldn't. I was afraid I was going to bend the shifter from how hard I was forcing it. I got it towed to the nearest dealership so they're going to look at it tomorrow. I really hope warranty covers it because it didn't last time. I've babied the new clutch too so I don't understand how it can be having problems after 5,000 miles. I'm wondering if the techs that put in the new clutch screwed it up. Has anyone had this happen to them? What was the problem?

#3 ·
Sounds like a shifter fork broke or throwout bearing wasn't installed correctly. It sounds like something they probably did or didn't do last time that caused it. Hopefully they'll man up and blame themselves and cover it.

#4 ·
Yeah I really think it was a mechanics error. The clutch definitely felt different after they worked on it last time. It was way more sensitive and of course didn't feel as smooth as the factory installed clutch. It's still under warranty so they better cover it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.