04 Clutch broken... comments - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-18-2005, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Rain_Racer is an unknown
04 Clutch broken... comments

Ok so I posted a while ago asking if anyone else had a clutch squeek because i was worried about it. Turns out it is really common in an 04.

Well I noticed that the pedal had a different feel sometimes... Like VERY firm one week and pretty loose the next. The squeek seemed to only happen when the clutch was VERY firm.

Well at 17k miles my clutch started to slip. I put off getting it fixed because I feared warrenty refusal (I actually baby my car and I don't even speed) but I feared they would blame it on misuse.) The slipping went away eevntually.

Well it started to slip REALLY bad at 24k miles and I took it in. By the time I got there the clutch pedal felt so loose and flimsy.

Anyway they evaluated it and are giving me a new clutch under warrenty. I have a pretty good feeling that the problem was with the pressure springs in the stock clutch (since I had the squeek and the varing clutch feel). Weak springs can cause you to wear out the clutch disk (like I am pretty sure I did to mine)

Anyway I just wanted to post my theory on 04 clutches and the squeek.

On a side note I am currently driving a Forrester loaner while they fix the WRX and MAN it has been a long time since I have driven anything with a slushbox. It is sooo weird driving a car that REMINDS me of a WRX but does not handle or accelerate like one... I feel like I am going to roll it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-18-2005, 03:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bullit is an unknown
I'm surprised that they fixed it. They won't fix my transmission. So I wrote the president, vice president and customer service. I'm hoping that they will fix it then.