03 WRX clutch help! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-01-2010, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

03bluestreak is an unknown
03 WRX clutch help!

Hey guys I have an 03 WRX getting ready to install a clutch! I have searched all kinds of forums and can not find a good write up with pictures does anyone know where I can find one? Or even maybe the subaru manual?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-01-2010, 06:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
Hey man i have done this no joke over 5 times ha, I can not find all the pictures i took if my life deepened on it right now, but this site will help you will anything you need man. Let me know if you need any help, the hardest part of the whole thing is getting the tranny to separate from the engine.

Impreza Manuals | ken-gilbert.com

2003 WRX Hybrid build,

Brian
post #3 of 5 Old 03-01-2010, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

03bluestreak is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by VD5505 View Post
Hey man i have done this no joke over 5 times ha, I can not find all the pictures i took if my life deepened on it right now, but this site will help you will anything you need man. Let me know if you need any help, the hardest part of the whole thing is getting the tranny to separate from the engine.

Impreza Manuals | ken-gilbert.com
I have downloaded those but the pictures are so hard to tell what the hell is going on! I luckly got a buddy of mine to let me use his shop that has a lift and such but am still not sure about the whole shifter fork thing
post #4 of 5 Old 03-01-2010, 09:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
after you get the tranny back up in there and bolted to up to the engine bay and pull the clutch fork towards the front of the car and you should hear it CLICK into place if you dont you installed it wrong, its not hard at all to install the clutch and clutch fork just pay attention to what your doing and take your time.

2003 WRX Hybrid build,

Brian
post #5 of 5 Old 03-03-2010, 04:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

terzo is an unknown
Hey there, so how ya gettin on with the clutch? Im currently doing one myself on my 55 plate WRX. Its my first gear box removal on this car and vd55 is correct, the hardest part is gettin your box to seperate from the engine. After 2 days of wrestling the stupid thing ive finally got it seperated. I used a large lever bar and applied pressure at the bottom of the box. I did start to wonder if it was welded on!! what a bugga! The clutch fork is easy like vd55 said above. Its simply an allen key cap you need to remove then srew a 6mm bolt into your clutch fork pivot bar to slide it out.Pull up on your fork and it will seperate from your release bearing.If its your first time make sure your ready to support the weight cos the box is seriously heavy and will drop like a stone. I left my top bell housing bolts screwed in slightly to avoid it falling. Good news is that once its off it will remove easily in the future.good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement