Whats happening to this forum> - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-24-2004, 08:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_STi is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRX_STi
Angry Whats happening to this forum>

It might just be me....But have any of you long timers noticed whats going on with this forum? It used to be a awesome forum where you talked tech questions and just enjoyed basic automotive stuff. Now, it seems like people are asking about CAI and bragging about street racing? Is this what this forum has turned too? I know alot of us here disaprove of street racing. And as for the CAI, Kobi and Cosmo made guides discussing everything, but people still disregard that and the SEARCH function. I don't know, maybe its just me. Thats my .02cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Founder

Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Show me where - I'll fix their wagon!

Seriously though, as the site grows, you'll see more people coming in who need to be educated. Don't let it bother you, just point them in the right direction. It'll get worse unless we point people to the resources, and teach others to point them to the resources too. A simple link to the article Cosmo or Kobi wrote should be sufficient. Don't fall into the habit of just telling them to use the Search though - I've seen what that does to a community. If one question gets asked too much, PM one of the moderators or myself and ask for it to be added to our upcoming FAQ. Fair enough?

Chris
WRXtuners.com

-Chris
WRXtuners.com Founder
#3 Old 03-25-2004, 05:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_STi is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRX_STi
Yea, it sounds good. And I totally understand the whole search function routine with forums. Its just that the CAI intake question gets very old. Plus, the whole bragging of street racing thing is rediculous also. But I guess with growth of a site you have to expect these things. I was just venting, thanks though.
#4 Old 03-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Founder

Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally posted by WRX_STi
Yea, it sounds good. And I totally understand the whole search function routine with forums. Its just that the CAI intake question gets very old. Plus, the whole bragging of street racing thing is rediculous also. But I guess with growth of a site you have to expect these things. I was just venting, thanks though.

Understood. I've opened up the FAQ forum for the mods and WRX-perts to start adding to. Check it out:
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/foru...?s=&forumid=95

Notice the 2nd thread.
#5 Old 03-25-2004, 09:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

fc735 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to fc735

i swear if i read another new CAI thread i will start banning every other member....and then killing a kitty for each one!

updated!

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/foru...?s=&forumid=95

i think chris is happy he still hasnt given me ban capabilities....
#6 Old 03-26-2004, 11:51 AM
Founder

I'm gonna move this to the Site Feedback forum since it's more of a site issue/complaint. This way others can see that we've addressed it.
#7 Old 03-26-2004, 01:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to BlueDemon
Quote:
Originally posted by Ludachris
I'm gonna move this to the Site Feedback forum since it's more of a site issue/complaint. This way others can see that we've addressed it.
ban!
#8 Old 03-26-2004, 02:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

Narrus is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to Narrus
Someone is on a banning spree... Or I'm just reading the same post over and over again. (that alzheimer's thing...)
#9 Old 03-27-2004, 12:57 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueDemon

ban!
Hey Blue, is that the turrets acting up?
#10 Old 03-27-2004, 04:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

fc735 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to fc735
ban