Stalinism? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-22-2004, 12:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to BlueDemon
Stalinism?

Quote:
Blue, I understand what you're saying, but please take it up with me offline and I'll explain it in more detail next time. I think it was a little unfair to accuse me of "nazism" just because I closed a thread that I believed to be more appropriate for offline resolution. I didn't see the need to involve the whole community when the whole community wasn't involved in the situation itself - you tend to get a whole lot of people making accusations that way - which unfortunately already happened in this case.
DisclaimerStalinism is simply meant as a repression of speech, or expression.

Never accused anyone of Nazism, simply stated that it was turning into something like it. And once again it did. Fredom of Expression down the drain.

Listen, I personally don't like the fact that a thread is closed because it is embarassing to the owner of the Site or starter of a thread that has the power to close. You posted up the Request for Tech Articles, and even offered up a prize. To me that sounds like the whole community is involved. It just makes it all seem less valid now.....

I have no beef with you, or anyone else on this site. I simply just don't like to see something that became public, for whatever reason be put away in the closet. There are too many skeletons in too many closets as it is. There's just to much of that going on in the world today, especially in our own Government.

The only reason I posted about this whole thing in the first place was because a thread was closed because you deemed it not acceptable for the communityís eyes. Whereas I think we should know certain aspects of what goes on here, especially when someone has a gripe.

Sorry that you thought I was referring to you as a Nazi or something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-22-2004, 07:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
umm.....lol
Attached Images

#3 Old 02-22-2004, 08:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

fc735 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to fc735
uhhhhh..........
#4 Old 02-22-2004, 09:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Sorry had to use these sometime.
Attached Images

#5 Old 02-22-2004, 09:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful
alright:
Attached Images

#6 Old 02-22-2004, 09:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
HAHAHA.
j/k
Attached Images

#7 Old 02-22-2004, 10:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Attached Images

#8 Old 02-22-2004, 01:20 PM
Founder

Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Calling Nazism or Stalinism because we close a thread that should be discussed offline is unfair, but I'll let you make your point if you feel the need to do so. I think most will agree that some things are better resolved offline - this is a privately owned site and freedom of speech in its purest form doesn't necessarily apply all the time - which is the case on almost every forums site you'll participate in. If that wasn't true, no threads would ever get "Locked" or "Deleted".

If everyone on the site was contacted for the prize, then the whole community would need to be addressed. That wasn't the case. One person was involved, and we've already been in contact with that one person. Bottomline - I've already admitted the process needs improvement - I don't know what else you're trying to accomplish here. I wasn't embarrased, I just felt that I had given a more than sufficient explanation. Man, all this flak for trying to giveaway a prize to the community?

Contact me directly for questions or concerns. In my opinion, this issue is resolved and is being beaten to death. It's not a big deal - can we get back to talking cars? I'd really like to move on to working on some more good features for you guys instead of trying to defend our actions. Take it offline and I'll respond further on this.

-Chris
WRXtuners.com Founder
#9 Old 02-22-2004, 04:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

hehe, just ask Cosmo..... I think I just enjoy a good argument. Sorry for beating a dead horse.

I have a suggestion though for the next prize. Choose something less controversial than a CAI, which almost everyone already knows is not something you really want to be putting on a WRX.

Blue
#10 Old 02-22-2004, 07:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

fc735 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to fc735
i'm rick james.....

B|TCH!!
#11 Old 02-23-2004, 06:08 PM
Founder

Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueDemon
hehe, just ask Cosmo..... I think I just enjoy a good argument. Sorry for beating a dead horse.
Ahhh, so you'll be the one keeping me on my toes, huh? Every community has at least one member like you
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueDemon
I have a suggestion though for the next prize. Choose something less controversial than a CAI, which almost everyone already knows is not something you really want to be putting on a WRX.
I'll keep that in mind. I guess the thinking was that an intake wasn't necessarily a good first mod, but that it would be okay for those who have tuning control. I guess a more general item can be chosen next time.
#12 Old 02-23-2004, 07:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
WRXTuners stickers next time .
Speaking of which, can we get some like the DSM boys?

Che
#13 Old 02-23-2004, 10:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

GLwagon is an unknown
Attached Images

#14 Old 02-24-2004, 01:22 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Tut4u2
WRXTuners stickers next time .
Speaking of which, can we get some like the DSM boys?
Already got some, just haven't announced them yet, as we don't have a large batch. I'll put up a page pretty soon to get things going though. Keep an eye out.