Poll: classifieds section - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum
View Poll Results: How would you like to see classified add's?
Leave the classifieds how they are 0 0%
Include "thread style" classifieds in the feed of active topics 18 100.00%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 10-28-2013, 08:31 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
As far as I know, nobody opposes the threading of classified threads. It's just we've always liked having them separate from the regular posts. This site was envisioned much more as a technical manual and less of a social media network. I guess that age of the internet's time has passed.

Anyway, I value having the classifieds separate from the rest of the forum and not showing up in new posts and the like. That said, I agree classifieds work better as threads than postings.

I disagree they'd be more valuable though. Our community is not large enough to have valuable classifieds, that's just being realistic. There's very little gain to be had here.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 10-28-2013, 09:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Active classifieds would bring more flow to our forum.
Us that do use the forum on the regular, would then be able to share what we want to buy and want to sell.
the RIOT act and Haw1es like this.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#33 Old 10-28-2013, 09:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

Haw1es is more helpful than not
Garage
I agree 100% Randy, would our classified section be a massive section that you could build an entire car from? Probably not, but it would have quality parts from reputable sellers. Yes the number of daily active users is small but that will prevent the issues that plague the other forums classified section. With a smaller group the amount of people that will try to run scams through that section will be very small, most likely nonexistent. Would I buy a new exhaust from Randy? Absolutely. Would I try to buy he same exhaust from a user that just joined yesterday? Not at all.

Shane
2010 WRX
2003 Jetta 2.5
#34 Old 10-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
And also a big reason for wanting to have the classified is so that we can stay away from the bad "social media" sights and have a more mellow networking.
Yes I will agree it be very little gain in this stage of out sight, but kind of what we all were looking at was.
for the locals on here it will help us communicate between each other for sells and as well it will attract newer members that are wanting to buy then lead to staying to bulk up our members

P.S. MOSC. I sent you a private message

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!
#35 Old 10-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Administrator is an unknown
There seems to be a big desire from members to have a thread style classified section. Many of our forums have their classified sections of the forum set up like this. I can set this up for you guys and we can test it out. If it does not work we can remove it but I think it is worth a shot.

I think if we break it into a few sub sections it will make the Classified section easier to use.
- Vehicles for sale
- Parts for sale
- Want to Buy

What do you think?

- dm, community support
Haw1es likes this.
#36 Old 10-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Just by adding more OT threads and a better FB presence I believe we've added more daily users to our forum, and that's what the goal should be. Expanding our DAILY users is important if we're going to grow, and having nothing but "tech" posts is what had this forum as basically a non-existent one (to new members) just a short time ago. We've now got new members joining on a nearly everyday basis these days, and IMO that's because of our OT threads...which promotes regular/daily logins. Whether these new members are worth having around (personality/knowledge wise) is another thing, but if we don't attract new members somehow we'll never know. Without a doubt we've got the best tech guys for anything a user may have, but we can always use new blood and more educated opinions/facts. Things like an easier thread style FS section and OT threads are what's gonna get us there IMO. If you Google search the most technical of technical problems, our site is there with an answer...and that's great! But if we're to expand into more well known circles and daily conversations of fellow enthusiasts, our forum needs to be talked about, and that's what OT type threads do...create general conversation.

I think things like "post counts" of users are irrelevant personally, and would never judge a persons opinion regarding any given situation/problem based on it. Things like OT threads and a thread style FS section increase these numbers, and I know that's a slight concern with what we're all trying to do here. But I personally judge a persons opinion on their character, willingness to offer REAL suggestions/solutions, and their ability to explain something with unbiased facts rather than personal opinions.

Just my .02

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Haw1es and Nathan21 like this.

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#37 Old 10-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
There seems to be a big desire from members to have a thread style classified section. Many of our forums have their classified sections of the forum set up like this. I can set this up for you guys and we can test it out. If it does not work we can remove it but I think it is worth a shot.

I think if we break it into a few sub sections it will make the Classified section easier to use.
- Vehicles for sale
- Parts for sale
- Want to Buy

What do you think?

- dm, community support
I'm liking it 👍

#38 Old 10-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
Quote:

- Vehicles for sale
- Parts for sale
- Want to Buy

What do you think?

- dm, community support
Thanks admin!!!
I am really looking forward to see how this all goes!!
I might not be the first to throw in here but as soon as I get my new lip in I will be selling my new stock one on here only!!!

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!
#39 Old 10-28-2013, 04:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
My 2¢ follows if you decide to do it:

Try to put a post count minimum or tenure time to sell things.

Also sellers must include a pic with:

USER NAME
DATE
FORUM NAME

This has cut down on the scammers on msf.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#40 Old 10-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
+1 on this^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!
#41 Old 10-28-2013, 09:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:

- Vehicles for sale
- Parts for sale
- Want to Buy

What do you think?

- dm, community support

I think it would be beneficial to add a "seller feedback" section, with the intent of documenting positive feedback or at worst, constructive feedback. This type of section is useful for posting pictures of how a seller packaged the product for shipping among other things.

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#42 Old 10-28-2013, 10:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Are we allowing these to pop up in active topics. I think we should and it wouldn't hurt. If so we could always change it.
I typically only use active topics.
pzr2874 and the RIOT act like this.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#43 Old 10-29-2013, 06:05 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
Are we allowing these to pop up in active topics. I think we should and it wouldn't hurt. If so we could always change it.
I second this. The active topics tab is the only place I go on my iphone app.

#44 Old 10-29-2013, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Administrator is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by the RIOT act View Post
Just by adding more OT threads and a better FB presence I believe we've added more daily users to our forum, and that's what the goal should be. Expanding our DAILY users is important if we're going to grow, and having nothing but "tech" posts is what had this forum as basically a non-existent one (to new members) just a short time ago. We've now got new members joining on a nearly everyday basis these days, and IMO that's because of our OT threads...which promotes regular/daily logins. Whether these new members are worth having around (personality/knowledge wise) is another thing, but if we don't attract new members somehow we'll never know. Without a doubt we've got the best tech guys for anything a user may have, but we can always use new blood and more educated opinions/facts. Things like an easier thread style FS section and OT threads are what's gonna get us there IMO. If you Google search the most technical of technical problems, our site is there with an answer...and that's great! But if we're to expand into more well known circles and daily conversations of fellow enthusiasts, our forum needs to be talked about, and that's what OT type threads do...create general conversation.

I think things like "post counts" of users are irrelevant personally, and would never judge a persons opinion regarding any given situation/problem based on it. Things like OT threads and a thread style FS section increase these numbers, and I know that's a slight concern with what we're all trying to do here. But I personally judge a persons opinion on their character, willingness to offer REAL suggestions/solutions, and their ability to explain something with unbiased facts rather than personal opinions.

Just my .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post

I think you both have a good point here. The forum is still growing and new, active members will help with this. I think a 30 day 30 post limit should be put in place for the Classified section of the forum. This will ensure that the new members will have to engage in the community if they wish to use our classified section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
My 2¢ follows if you decide to do it:

Try to put a post count minimum or tenure time to sell things.

Also sellers must include a pic with:

USER NAME
DATE
FORUM NAME

This has cut down on the scammers on msf.
There will be rules set up for the Classified section of the forum and what you suggested is great. User's wishing to sell will have to comply with the rules if they wish to use this section of the forum.

I saw post about a rating system. There is a trader system on the forum already that we could use.

- dm, community support
turmic, the RIOT act and Haw1es like this.
#45 Old 10-29-2013, 09:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

Haw1es is more helpful than not
Garage
Sounds like there's a good plan for the classifieds section!
Now I'm going to have to setup a PayPal account lol
Nathan21 likes this.

Shane
2010 WRX
2003 Jetta 2.5