Just wanted to say this............... - Subaru WRX Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 02-03-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Just wanted to say this...............

I do not understand the rule we have on this site about no street racing posts or videos. The reason for this is that i wanted to see the video of the ferrari getting beat by the Evo.
All it is, is just entertainment. Ithink that the video was taken at the track, not even on the streets. Im sure that all of you have raced people in your cars, but you will not let someone post a video, showing it. To me that is stupid. Dont get me wrong I LOVE this site, but lighten up guys. Just because you see a video of someone racing it dosent mean that everyone is going to go out and do the same thing, and if you do and someone gets hurt its your own dam fault and u will pay for your mistakes. Cmon guys and girls we all have commonsence, you just have to use it. Like I said I did not mean to offend anyone, but i just had to say this.

Just because u see it dosent mean that your going to do it and if so, dont watch movies because we would not want to take the responsibility of anyone getting hurt because of what they saw on TV.

Everyone has a brain, you just have to use the damn thing every once in a while
So please allow the videos to be put back.
Thank you for your time. Carry on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
I understand your point, but the reason we don't allow the raceing post and videos is because street racing of any kind is illegal and dangerous, I don't care how smart or how good of a driver you are accidents can and will happen and like you said if you get hurt it's your own problem but when you hurt an innocent person thats when it causes a problem.
If you deside to race on the street then thats your choice but we don't condoan it.
post #3 of 16 Old 02-03-2006, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
I see where your coming from but look in the (Site feedback) section and ull see the same arguments going on. And a certain moderator likes to close sites just as fast as they come up. and that is bu!!sh!t. I wont mention his name ,but he is the new guy. Were all men here and if you dont want to watch the video DONT WATCH IT, but dont take out the pleasure away from everyone else.
post #4 of 16 Old 02-03-2006, 11:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock
I see where your coming from but look in the (Site feedback) section and ull see the same arguments going on. And a certain moderator likes to close sites just as fast as they come up. and that is bu!!sh!t. I wont mention his name ,but he is the new guy. Were all men here and if you dont want to watch the video DONT WATCH IT, but dont take out the pleasure away from everyone else.
I don't understand for the life of me why people won't say my name...

I'm sorry that you feel that your entertainment value has been compromised by not being able to watch street racing videos on this site. But, this site isn't here for that purpose. WRXTuners is about making your car perform better through modification.

I'm trying to be as flexible as possible and relaxing some when it comes down to the rules, but this is one rule that I'm not going to.

Signatures and editing other peoples posts are one thing, but reckless public endangerment is another. If any street racing material is posted, I will edit/delete the thread in question and I will also issue warning points for it. I'm sorry if this is a problem for you, but the way that I feel about this subject is consistent with the way that I know Chris feels. It's his site with his rules. I just help enforce them.

Also, the Ferrari/Evo vid was taken on the street, not at a track. If it was taken at a track, do you honestly think that I'd have deleted it?

If you want to watch street racing vids, then I recommend www.streetfire.net or www.srvids.com

We will not have them here. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)

Last edited by 9d2TSi; 02-04-2006 at 03:49 AM.
post #5 of 16 Old 02-03-2006, 11:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

awd>fwd is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to awd>fwd
Yes, I agree with Stacy. Street racing threads are just plain dumb, but there is a difference between real street racing and "playing" with another car on a side road. I think that if you post a video of a street race it should be deleted. People already look down apon us for being a small organization and it would be much worse if we had a reputation for condoning street racing.

Brent
2007 Satin White STi, 1989 Nissan Sil-Coupe, 1998 Toyota 4runner (to be built..)...
post #6 of 16 Old 02-04-2006, 12:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

AWDwannabe is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to AWDwannabe
Quote:

hey now thats uncalled for, disagree with them or not. rules are rules (did i really jsut say that?)

-Pat
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
Eurotrash
Daily Dubbin'
post #7 of 16 Old 02-04-2006, 03:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awd>fwd
Yes, I agree with Stacy. Street racing threads are just plain dumb, but there is a difference between real street racing and "playing" with another car on a side road. I think that if you post a video of a street race it should be deleted. People already look down apon us for being a small organization and it would be much worse if we had a reputation for condoning street racing.
Please don't take offense to this, but I'm going to have to disagree here. There's really no difference between the two. If you have two or more cars competitively driving anywhere other than a closed course, then you my friend, have some sort of street racing going on. Whether it's drift, drag, etc. There's really not alot of grey area when it comes down to it.

post #8 of 16 Old 02-04-2006, 11:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

AWDwannabe is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to AWDwannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9d2TSi
Please don't take offense to this, but I'm going to have to disagree here. There's really no difference between the two. If you have two or more cars competitively driving anywhere other than a closed course, then you my friend, have some sort of street racing going on. Whether it's drift, drag, etc. There's really not alot of grey area when it comes down to it.

yea but i wouldnt call my old buick and a porsche any kind of contest, lol.

the only difference is that with an impromptu highway run its alot harder to get caught than it is with 30+ organized cars sitting at one spot for a long time.

-Pat
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
Eurotrash
Daily Dubbin'
post #9 of 16 Old 02-04-2006, 11:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

BiggSean is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to BiggSean Send a message via Yahoo to BiggSean
I think what Stacy is trying to say is that it is irrelevant whether you are driving a Vespa or a Ferrari, street racing is street racing and it is illegal. Street racing is frowned upon by general society and for good reason. We are trying to maintain the integrity and reputation of this site by not condoning this illegal behavior which causes death and destruction every day. I really don't see why it's so difficult to not read into the logic of this rule.

- Sean
- 2005 WRX Wagon, Stage 2
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
post #10 of 16 Old 02-04-2006, 04:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXtreme is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to WRXtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
I understand your point, but the reason we don't allow the raceing post and videos is because street racing of any kind is illegal and dangerous
If that is the case, speeding is illegal, so every thread should be closed that involves speeding. There are several about people getting tickets for speeding, there is a huge thread about "How fast have you gone?". If you guys really want to delete threads about illegal activity, then you should really being doing it all arcoss the board, not just for one illegal activity.
post #11 of 16 Old 02-04-2006, 05:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXtreme
If that is the case, speeding is illegal, so every thread should be closed that involves speeding. There are several about people getting tickets for speeding, there is a huge thread about "How fast have you gone?". If you guys really want to delete threads about illegal activity, then you should really being doing it all arcoss the board, not just for one illegal activity.

You're exactly right, but don't you think enough people are pissed at me already?

I thought about that too, but Chris has seen that thread and didn't close it or tell us to. With that being said it was left open. The thread that you're talking about has been edited, but I'm not getting too far into that one since Chris didn't.

As for people getting tickets lately, I don't feel much sympathy for them. They commited the offense and now want to get out of it. That's the problem with society today, nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions. People hate it when you tell them what they don't want to hear. This is why I haven't participated in the ticket type threads. If a cop pulls you over, you pretty much had it coming. People don't want to hear that though.

post #12 of 16 Old 02-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXtreme
I willl admit that I drive fast, but I see driving fast and racing as 2 different things. Yes driving fast is illegal but you show me a road that everyone is doing the posted speed limit. When your racing your going well over the posted speed limit and most likely into triple digits speeds and with other traffic on the road you get those people that start weaving in and out of traffic which is also very dangerous.
And take it easy on Stacey, he has more access to the computer than I do and I would delete these threads too if I had more time.
Thank you for those that understand what we are trying to do.
Ian
post #13 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 03:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

eighth08 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to eighth08
Quote:

stacy is doing his job bro. the street racing rule, one i dont care about too much.. but i neither like nor dislike it, i agree its a bit lame of a rule but at the same time its necessary.. street racing = illegal.. wrxtuners.com = not wanting to promote illegal actions such as street racing. why dont we all just talk about drug experiences. and how cool they were.. lol its the same thing... both illegal..

Gregory-
keep it in the dirt.
post #14 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 03:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

eighth08 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to eighth08
PS... street racing is lame.. goto a track and be a man against real cars.

Gregory-
keep it in the dirt.
post #15 of 16 Old 02-09-2006, 03:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well, since this thread has outlived it's usefullness, it's done.

Chris, you were simply warned for involving yourself in a flamwar with another member. Your posts were edited and/or deleted and yes, you received a warning for it. You weren't the only one that this happened to in this incident.

Please realize that you can be banned for participating in this type of thing. You were given a warning, relax and move on. Posting this type of thing is only going to bring negative attention to you, not us.

You know how the PM system works and you know how the rules work. If you have a problem with something that the moderators have done, PM Chris about it. If we're out of line, he will say something to us.

Thread closed.

Last edited by 9d2TSi; 02-10-2006 at 01:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread