Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Wrxtuners Help Desk (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Invite to WRXTuners.com (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f57/invite-wrxtuners-com-37521/)

pzr2874 08-05-2013 07:23 AM

Invite to WRXTuners.com

Hey Mo,

Would you be interested in inquiring about an "invite button/area" on the site?

I have a few buddies that need direction and are lazy-asses.... an invite option would be an easy fix. :rocks:

BLAZE2099 08-05-2013 03:51 PM

How would that work Paul? Via email or something?
How bout a LIKE us on Facebook?
We are probably the only forum without a Facebook page.

psinuse 08-05-2013 04:27 PM

If they are lazy then they need to get off their lazy asses and figure it out for themselves....Wait who said that?

BLAZE2099 08-05-2013 04:33 PM

Also, since we're adding stuff. How about the classifieds popping up in recent threads. Than maybe people would see and use them

boo-key bear 08-05-2013 06:02 PM

+1 for classifieds popping up on active topics!

pzr2874 08-05-2013 07:26 PM

[quote=psinuse;332729]If they are lazy then they need to get off their lazy asses and figure it out for themselves....Wait who said that?[/quote]

I agree... but people change.

psinuse 08-05-2013 07:41 PM

[quote=pzr2874;332849]I agree... but people change.[/quote]

No they don't unless they have a life altering situation happen, other than that, people don't just change, period end of story. !Notfunny!

Administrator 08-13-2013 10:19 AM

Paul - Could you please explain this a bit more. If you can provide an example of it that would be great. I'm guessing you mean an option that emails out an invite to a friend.

Classified popping up - The active topics will pull the most active topics on the forum regardless where they are posted.

- dm, community support

pzr2874 08-13-2013 12:13 PM

[quote=Administrator;337457]Paul - Could you please explain this a bit more. If you can provide an example of it that would be great. I'm guessing you mean an option that emails out an invite to a friend.

Classified popping up - The active topics will pull the most active topics on the forum regardless where they are posted.

- dm, community support[/quote]

You would be correct.

Administrator 09-11-2013 01:52 PM

I'm sorry that I never got back to you about this. I don''t see reason why we could not implement a feature like this. I will have to talk to someone to make this a feature on the site.

- dm, community support

BLAZE2099 09-11-2013 04:58 PM

[quote=Administrator;337457]

- dm, community support[/quote]

Not true, our classifieds section does not give a thread style post. Just a way to contact the seller via PM. They won't bump but instead get lost in the mix.

If in fact they were threads like the other forums do, than our classifieds section would actually work.

Pretty certain 99% of us use Nasioc.com to buy and sell since ours blows.
If we could keep all of our work in house that would be great.

Also, as of now, making threads to fs/ft is against forum rules, so that rule would need to change and a new classifieds section would have to be added where the other sections are. Like 2.5 section, newbie section, the hangout, ect ect!Thumbs Up

pzr2874 09-13-2013 06:17 AM

^this

mosc 09-13-2013 07:43 AM

Mixing classifieds in with the other posts is a bad idea. You will see new posts filled with sales adds with the new content being "bump" rather than the threads you're used to seeing. It is important that the classified section does not show up as a regular forum post.

Administrator 09-13-2013 01:41 PM

[quote=BLAZE2099;353618]Not true, our classifieds section does not give a thread style post. Just a way to contact the seller via PM. They won't bump but instead get lost in the mix.

If in fact they were threads like the other forums do, than our classifieds section would actually work.

Pretty certain 99% of us use Nasioc.com to buy and sell since ours blows.
If we could keep all of our work in house that would be great.

Also, as of now, making threads to fs/ft is against forum rules, so that rule would need to change and a new classifieds section would have to be added where the other sections are. Like 2.5 section, newbie section, the hangout, ect ect!Thumbs Up[/quote]

I see what you mean now. I should have looked more. The way the classified is set up here makes the classified section is coded differently then the rest of the forum. For one the classified section is not really a sub forum. Most of our forums just have sub sections withing the forum that are dedicated to classified so all ads take the forum of a forum post. These ads are actual postings and are not forum posts and therefore can not be streamed into the Active topics feed.

- dm, community support

BLAZE2099 09-13-2013 05:48 PM

Could they be rewritten so the post as a thread?
Don't even need to go into active topics. Just thread based so they are more user friendly. This way several people can negotiate face to face so to speak.