Subaru WRX Forum banner

Bugeye boost droping

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Djer Lans 
#1 ·
Hey my name is Djeremy and I'm new on this forum. I have a question about a wrx bug-eye from 2002 2liter engine. The car is great and I'm loving it but he has one issue. When I'm driving the boost drops and comes up and goes done and up. I already did changed the boost controller and checkt the turbo/wastegate/blow of valve and Al the vacuum lines but nothing and still the same problem. Maybe one of you guys now the answer. Greets from Holland

#2 ·
Welcome!

Sounds like a classic boost leak. I've experienced these symptoms before and it's always been the coupler between the intercooler and the intake manifold getting loose under pressure. Make sure the hose clamp is tightened all the way down and that the joint isn't cracked or failing in some other way. I would also check for vacuum leaks by spraying brake cleaner in failure prone spots while the engine is running. If you hear the engine suddenly run different it's the the vacuum leak sucking in the brake cleaner and burning it.

Do you notice any noise when the boost drops?

#3 ·
Thanks for the reaction. I will check the intercoole connections and also the clamps.vacuum I already checkt also whit brakecleaner and everything is as it supposed to no leaks. About a noise I don't have any only the boost acting weird up down up down but only if I put the gas pedal almost to the floor if I drive like a grandpa ? And I don't use the turbo the car just drives fine only in 2,3,4,and 5 gear. In first gear when I put on the car blasts away but if I ask the same turbo pressure in the other gears the car react whit the boost dropping . Greetz Djeremy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.