X Games 17 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-26-2011, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
X Games 17

X Games 17 starts this Thursday. Don't miss the Super Rally final on saturday and Rally Cross Final on sunday.

Pulled from espn's X Games webpage. All times posted are in PST and are subject to change.

Saturday
1 - 3 p.m.

Rally Car Racing Final

Sunday
2 - 4 p.m.

RallyCross Final

I don't know if X games are live this year or not. If they are just add 3 hours for EST.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-30-2011, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
**Spoiler**

Liam Doran won the Rally Car Final event in a Citroen C4.
Marcus Gronholm was the runner up in a swedish prepared Ford Fiesta.
David Higgins took bronze after Tanner Foust broke his car in the bronze race.

It was a good event. I hope you caught all the action. Remember Rally Cross is tomorrow night 5pm EST.

Side note: It was interesting to see the Fiesta's breaking this year vs last year the Subie's had motor issues galore.

Which means...Yes, Ken Block was another Fiesta DNF. Per the usual with him.

Kirt
post #3 of 11 Old 07-31-2011, 06:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ridge10 is an unknown
Garage
I MISSED IT Dang it

-Derek
post #4 of 11 Old 08-01-2011, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Well, you missed the Rally Cross too on sunday. It was from 5-7:30 EST. Which had a 8 car chaos for a final run. The 8 drivers that made it to the final were: Tanner Foust, Brian Deegan, Marcus Gronholm, Liam Doran, Travis Pastrana (with his broken foot and ankle), Dave Mirra, David Higgins, and Rhys Millen. Unfortunately all of the subarus experienced difficulties. Higgins blew a rear tire and spun out. Mirra Spun out and got behind. Pastrana was in position to take a 3rd place until he over cooked a corner and slammed it into the wall nose first. Which his on board showed how painful that was on his broken foot and ankle. He had hand controls for the throttle...which was amazing that he was doing that good. Foust spun out Liam Doran in the first corner....otherwise Doran probably would've won this event too. With Pastrana wrecking his car...it ended up being a all Ford podium.

Deegan in first, Foust in second, and Gronholm in third.

Mad props to Pastrana though...After breaking his foot and ankle thursday night in MotoX Best Trick. He still raced through his injury into almost a 3rd place finish. Vermont Cars had to custom make him the steering wheel throttle control and pastrana learned it quickly enough on saturday to almost get it done on Sunday. It was a crazy good time though.

PS Ken Block's fiesta broke again on Sunday. Two turbo failures on satruday and they didn't say what happened on sunday. Probably the turbo again. Way to be reliable Garrett . Block's car broke on his second heat.

Kirt
post #5 of 11 Old 08-01-2011, 09:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

Ridge10 is an unknown
Garage
And thats why I love Travis Pastrana. I kinda have mixed feelings about him going to NASCAR

-Derek
post #6 of 11 Old 08-01-2011, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Blame that on the Race of Champions races. He has done a good job verus a lot of other different types of car drivers in the past couple of years. So, he is just trying to take a step up in money and fame. Rally just isn't as popular here as it is in europe. Otherwise he'd just go WRC or stay Rally America. Ken Block did the other route and is suffering in WRC.

Kirt
post #7 of 11 Old 08-01-2011, 09:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

Ridge10 is an unknown
Garage
I wish I could get to a rally. I live in central florida and there is nothing for rally. I have Sebring and Daytona, but thats it....and a few dragstrips.

-Derek
post #8 of 11 Old 08-01-2011, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Yeah, you'd have to take a haul to get to one. Sebring and Daytona are quite nice though.

Kirt
post #9 of 11 Old 08-02-2011, 02:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Did anyone else see the Stig walk behind Brian Deegan while he was being interviewed? Hopefully Top Gear was there filming Tanner Faust. Maybe they'll show the Stig in one of the rally cars?

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #10 of 11 Old 08-02-2011, 07:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1456 is more helpful than not
Garage
With all this raceing going on, I cant wait till this place opens up here. NOLA Motorsports Park - New Orleans, Louisiana race track, go karts, performance driving schools looks spinsive as hell, but maybe for once in awile.

06 STI
http://www.armslist.com/?utm_source=c000017&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p017903
post #11 of 11 Old 08-02-2011, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk05WRX View Post
Did anyone else see the Stig walk behind Brian Deegan while he was being interviewed? Hopefully Top Gear was there filming Tanner Faust. Maybe they'll show the Stig in one of the rally cars?
I saw that and it might've just been a gag. Who knows...all I know is that the american Top Gear was done filming season 2. Unless it was the UK Top Gear.

Kirt